Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Examples of Good Cops and Examples of Police Brutality in X-MEN comics

i figure with the current climate going on, it might be fun to made a thread to talk about the various examples of X-MEN comics where there friends in the force or just plain hostility.

a few examples.

1. The few cops we saw in God Loves Man Kills, especially the one cop that shot Reverend Stryker who was about to shoot Kitty.
    2. Tom Corsi(who was awkwardly racebended from Caucasian to Native American)
    3. The one cop that praise Sunsport for helping out a rescue even though everyone was thanking She-hulk, thats a good one.
    4. The rookie cop that show remorse over shooting a mutant dead during the Massacre saga in the last X-factor of that crossover. he was really broken up by it and when he saw her use her powers he fire.
    5. forgot Misty Knight in the 70s. screw it doesnt have to be in order.
    6. Charlotte Jones who dated Warren and was a allied, she even got the hookup of body armor of a basic x-uniform.
    7. The 1 Cop in Texas that defended Storm from a lynch mob after she was making sure debris from the explosion of Forge building. that was a cool moment
    8. The one cop in Joe mad first Phalanx issue that helped Storm.
    9 the 2 cops that were helped by Storm and Marrow in Seagle and Kelly x-men run.
    10. Bishop partner in Mutant town

i might have missed quite a number

for the most part, the x-men and mutants in general dont get the warmest welcome from the police. they often get shot at too, so I leave you to show incidents, i mean what i can think of, well heres 3. 1. Cops in mutant massacre that were praising x-factor especially the one cop that dont event trust the avengers and think they are as bad any mutant. 2. early in Claremont/David 3rd Uncanny run, Wolverine and Nightcrawler trying to diffuse a situation where met with hostility and arrest despite being official and having badges. it took Carol Danver coming in and telling them to let both of them call, 3. so many in Bendis run but the one thats a pure police brutality was when I forgot the mutant who control vehicles, he got shot and is dying and the cops happy he's dying and goading, he would have died if Magik and the Cuckoos hadnt shown and gave them a taste of hell. or the cops that arrested teen Bobby in the ultimate universe for stopping a giant monsters and made their anti-mutant view very blanant well thats alot.

anyway as i read more x-men and spiderman and at first years ago I wonder why alot of the times Cops are trigger happy aholes and often get surprised when i see a good cop but as I see in the news nowadays since recently in the 2010s, im starting to see the sad reality that whats portray in comics is not far from the truth and everything is not black and white. hell i just recently watched batman year one and the kind of police corruption in it, the cops there that is not Commissioner Gordon are so obviously evil, they might has well have mustache twirling habits.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 05-30-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm sorry, did i do something wrong, Ill delete this right now if its not the right time. but I guess the x-men and spiderman made me realized how crappy most cops are athough there few good ones. believe me Im getting pissed off at police brutality right now I guess x-men had examples of it. oh man i feel like I messed up, im very sorry.

well I can't seem to delete this or any thread in the history but if this is a inappropriate time I'm sorry feel free to delete this. i really terrible in reading the environment which is why i really bad in social situations
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 05-30-2020 at 06:23 PM.

I'm not sure of your point here. My guess is that you're pointing how comics portrays cops (usually bad, sometimes good) and if this is art copying real life or real life copying art. And maybe for how long this has been going on?

I think comics rely a little bit more on cops to show how "dirty" a system can be because it's easier to write that than to an in-universe Congress or a Justice System to then shred them down and show how corrupt they can be. Maybe this is -another- factor on why they're usually used the way they are. Specially because comics have the "good guys" to deal with thos "evil guys".

Not really relevant to what you're saying, but maybe this gives you hope, if you need in such times, but about the "most cops being crappy" part. I don't agree with that. Maybe this is true for the US (not sure, I've never been there nor want to be), but there are some places where I heard and seen mostly good things about them, like Germany, Sweden and Australia. But again, probably not relevant.

Take care

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I'm not sure of your point here. My guess is that you're pointing how comics portrays cops (usually bad, sometimes good) and if this is art copying real life or real life copying art. And maybe for how long this has been going on?

I think comics rely a little bit more on cops to show how "dirty" a system can be because it's easier to write that than to an in-universe Congress or a Justice System to then shred them down and show how corrupt they can be. Maybe this is -another- factor on why they're usually used the way they are. Specially because comics have the "good guys" to deal with thos "evil guys".

Not really relevant to what you're saying, but maybe this gives you hope, if you need in such times, but about the "most cops being crappy" part. I don't agree with that. Maybe this is true for the US (not sure, I've never been there nor want to be), but there are some places where I heard and seen mostly good things about them, like Germany, Sweden and Australia. But again, probably not relevant.

Take care
    from a international perspective I take your word for it, I want to believe in hope, yeah the US not a good place right now with how the Police seem to protray, but yeah I guess what I said in my 2nd post. its more like I just sorta Panicked thinking I offended everything here for creating a topic for conversation and apologized.

BANNED

There was a (admittedly white) character standing up to police brutality in the X-books a couple years ago but Marvel writers said he was wrong and literally Hitler.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There was a (admittedly white) character standing up to police brutality in the X-books a couple years ago but Marvel writers said he was wrong and literally Hitler.
    yeah not a big fan to how the world view and treated Scott.

Speaking of cops and Cyclops we can bring up Fred Duncan, at least before he got retconned into a Secret Skrull.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Are you joking right now?
    Is this subject taboo or something?

Anyway I cant recall any cops who had real significance in the x-men universe atm.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Wouldn't Sentinels be a stand in for over zealous policing? I mean the government created killer robots to keep a minority race/species (homo superior) in check.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post

Anyway I cant recall any cops who had real significance in the x-men universe atm.
    Captain America and the Avengers are cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Captain America and the Avengers are cops.
    I dont even consider them when talking about the X-men at times, but I see them as more of military.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Speaking of cops and Cyclops we can bring up Fred Duncan, at least before he got retconned into a Secret Skrull.
    That's not how I understand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I was thinking the same. I was also wondering why OP was apologizing.

BANNED

I dont even consider them when talking about the X-men at times, but I see them as more of military.
    I Agree. I try not to group them together....

BANNED

American cops are decked out as military and treat black people (and apparently members of the media now) as an entity they are at war with, so I don’t see the difference.