Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm sorry, did i do something wrong, Ill delete this right now if its not the right time. but I guess the x-men and spiderman made me realized how crappy most cops are athough there few good ones. believe me Im getting pissed off at police brutality right now I guess x-men had examples of it. oh man i feel like I messed up, im very sorry.

well I can't seem to delete this or any thread in the history but if this is a inappropriate time I'm sorry feel free to delete this. i really terrible in reading the environment which is why i really bad in social situations
    You're good man. Nothing wrong with your original post.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

The X-men by Stan lee and Jack Kirby, the original mutant police - unofficial agents of the FBI.

Edit: The X-men worked for The Man before the Avengers did.

The various X-Factor's who worked as mutant police for the US government, directly.

Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-31-2020 at 12:46 AM.

I suppose it depends what you mean by cops. I mean, technically the sentinels count as like a metaphor as a weaponisation of police against minorities

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    You're good man. Nothing wrong with your original post.
    Why did you delete my comment about real history? There’s nothing wrong with historical context.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There was a (admittedly white) character standing up to police brutality in the X-books a couple years ago but Marvel writers said he was wrong and literally Hitler.
    In hindsight, trying to tell us that Cyclops was bad for saving teenagers from police brutality and racist cops is awkward. Very awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Captain America and the Avengers are cops.
    Aren't all Superheroes police, basically? Even the X-Men when they fight crime, Mutant or otherwise?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I was thinking the same. I was also wondering why OP was apologizing.
    I was apologizing because my reply on this thread I created, the poster sounded offended and asked if I was joking and I panick and assume a similar reaction from everyone else thinking I brought up a subject that that is not right for the time with what's going on in the news with the riots and protests over police brutality.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aren't all Superheroes police, basically? Even the X-Men when they fight crime, Mutant or otherwise?
    They investigate crime to bring criminals to justice, so yeah. Sometimes they officially work for the government, like the X-men, yet nobody's pointing fingers at them for working for The Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would argue most are vigilantes unless sanctioned by a government entity, like the Avengers tend to be.

Fantastic Member

One example that sticks out to me is how the Dark Avengers were sent on the protests at the start of the Utopia storyline. I've found the most interesting times in comics for me have been when there are "official" superheroes and comparably more rebel/vigilante types playing off each other.

fabio-police-brutality-uncanny-x-men-1.jpg

triage_arrested_all-new_x-men_1.jpg

Usually mutants and cops are not a good mix in the marvel universe. I remember several situations where authorities ignored crimes against mutants or used their authority to discriminate against mutants.

I remember Magneto criticizing Shield and other agencies for hunting him and ignoring crimes against mutants while they were doing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And still, Cyclops was worse than Hitler for saving them.

BANNED

There were plenty of liberals who tweet out #BlackLivesMatter now who were OUTRAGED by Cyclops’s actions in the Bendis era.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

The original X-Factor didn't work for the government but acted like private investigators/vigilantes taking mutant cases the police couldn't handle. We all know how disastrous they were. They were basically mutant police.

They did have issues with the police, but IIRC those were more after they changed their tactic to clearly protecting mutants instead of pretending to imprison them. They kept their popularity with civilians until Ship blocked off the sun from Manhattan.

Moira and Xavier used to lock up harmful mutants. She had an underground prison complex/rehabilitation center under Muir Island where she kept baby Magneto and Unus the Untouchable.

The X-Men tried to work with police and the government, but never trusted them. Spider-Man leaves criminals for the police, but the X-Men often handle things themselves. Trying to get on with the police hasn't benefited them in the long run. The police and government continually screw them. They had to make their own country to get fair legislation.

Justice, Rusty Collins and Wither both went to court for killing or maiming accidentally with their powers. The polics, Freedom Force and the Navy were very cruel to Rusty.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-31-2020 at 12:12 PM.