Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member Valentis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    146

    Default Worst TV moment of 2020 so far.



    The incident is almost funny if I ignore the fact that she could have gotten this man killed.

    I don't know how dumb this woman can be, lying to the cops when she is been recorded. This is Racism at its dumbest.

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    6,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post


    The incident is almost funny if I ignore the fact that she could have gotten this man killed.

    I don't know how dumb this woman can be, lying to the cops when she is been recorded. This is Racism at its dumbest.
    And choking out her poor dog too (which was later surrendered).

    What's more, according to an article, the guy from this didn't think she should have gotten fired and what not. Reprimanded, sure. But not fired and everything else.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,907

    Default

    Didn't she get death threats as well, threats against her I mean...not defending what she did or anything just saying that things can go crazy in a hurry...

  4. #4
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    7,019

    Default

    Black CNN reporter arrested during live broadcast covering protests over a black man killed by police.


  5. #5
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Black CNN reporter arrested during live broadcast covering protests over a black man killed by police.

    While the white reporter a block away wasn't.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And choking out her poor dog too (which was later surrendered).

    What's more, according to an article, the guy from this didn't think she should have gotten fired and what not. Reprimanded, sure. But not fired and everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Didn't she get death threats as well, threats against her I mean...not defending what she did or anything just saying that things can go crazy in a hurry...
    If anything this should have been an opportunity to educate this individual and get her help. But mob mentality wins again.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Dr. Strange, Star Wars,Shazam, The Flash, & TMNT!

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    If anything this should have been an opportunity to educate this individual and get her help. But mob mentality wins again.
    Trying to murder a man over asking you to politely put your dog on a lead doesn't engender one to the "Lets be kind and educate her" crowd

  8. #8
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    21,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    If anything this should have been an opportunity to educate this individual and get her help. But mob mentality wins again.
    That guy could've had the shit beaten out of him, or worse if he'd been accosted by rogue cops like Derek Chauvin. Sorry, but I have no compassion whatsoever for that bitch who got everything she had coming to her.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Trying to murder a man over asking you to politely put your dog on a lead doesn't engender one to the "Lets be kind and educate her" crowd
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That guy could've had the shit beaten out of him, or worse if he'd been accosted by rogue cops like Derek Chauvin. Sorry, but I have no compassion whatsoever for that bitch who got everything she had coming to her.
    You guys are missing the point entirely. The situation was disgusting and thankfully nothing came out of it, but how do death threats against someone help them to confront and overcome their personal biases?

    This is one of the problems with modern society there is zero compassion for individuals period (one of the problems, the other being lack of leadership when it comes to race, and a horrible systemic and racist two party system that has failed this country). None of that helps to further where we are as a society. Compassion, listening, open dialogue, and education is the only way we can move forward as a society.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 06-01-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Dr. Strange, Star Wars,Shazam, The Flash, & TMNT!

  10. #10
    Spectacular Member Valentis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And choking out her poor dog too (which was later surrendered).

    What's more, according to an article, the guy from this didn't think she should have gotten fired and what not. Reprimanded, sure. But not fired and everything else.
    The poor dog. I have been trying to get a dog myself to take care off. She has one that she treated like shit.

    She is putting up a fake crying voice to the cops that the guy is threatening her and her dog when in fact, the guy tells her to not come close to him, but her reverse vitcim stupidity about the situation makes me question her mentality.
    Last edited by Valentis; 06-01-2020 at 09:07 AM.

  11. #11
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    6,087

    Default

    Yah as a birder myself, I can say he's legit. Christian Cooper has a pair of $4,000 plus Swarovskis around his neck, and he was looking for olive-sided flycatchers and red-bellied woodpeckers. Both uncommon species in New York at that time of year, if I recall correctly. He's a birder and an obvious nerd, and its easy to cow them under most circumstances.

    Except when they are birding.

    Its a bad idea to fuck with bird watchers who are out chasing a bird down. Not to say they are anything but nerds, and will fight you, but thats like the one thing that they won't back down about. A

    So in short I think he sounded a little threatening and confrontational. Not his fault, and she should have just kept on going instead of being a racist idiot. But oh well.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    You guys are missing the point entirely. The situation was disgusting and thankfully nothing came out of it, but how do death threats against someone help them to confront and overcome their personal biases?

    This is one of the problems with modern society there is zero compassion for individuals period (one of the problems, the other being lack of leadership when it comes to race, and a horrible systemic and racist two party system that has failed this country). None of that helps to further where we are as a society. Compassion, listening, open dialogue, and education is the only way we can move forward as a society.
    Yeah, nah. Its really not hard to....you know NOT be racist ? Or try and murder someone over the most minor thing. If you bump into me in a shop and I stab you to death thats a sign of some severe "society cant handle my insanity" and no "open dialogue" will help with that. And I'm a guy who's ABOUT reform.

  13. #13
    Spectacular Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Yeah, nah. Its really not hard to....you know NOT be racist ? Or try and murder someone over the most minor thing. If you bump into me in a shop and I stab you to death thats a sign of some severe "society cant handle my insanity" and no "open dialogue" will help with that. And I'm a guy who's ABOUT reform.
    Most legal systems in the world has proportionality laws. USA does not have one. USA can murder anyone for the tiniest non serious crimes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •