Default Worst supporting Character.

Everyone knows that in Comics it is not just the superhero but the the world you put them into. ANd huge part of that world is the supporting cast. There have been some great ones over the years. But there have been some bad ones as well.

So who are some of the worst.

For me I have two and both come from the golden age.

The first is a character known as Whitewash Jones from Young Allies. Not because I dislike his character but because I hated how they wrote him. Described as a young lad who play the harmonica better then anyone and loves watermelon more then life itself. He was written as slow witted and cowardly. he was dran as a sterotype with big lips and spoke in broken slang English. His character is everything that is wrong with comics of the time and with history that that sort of thing was okay.

Another one I did not like was Sub Mariner character Betty Dean. A police officer who befriends Sub mariner. But they took her friendship too far. After Sub Mariner kills several cops and attacks New York killing hundreds she still pleads with her superiors and Human Torch to go easy on him because he is not that bad. What kind of person is she. I would have fired her off the force in a second.

So who are ones that for whatever reason you think are bad.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

“Gus” Gorman in SUPERMAN III.

Boisterously Confused

A lot of the worst have been retrofitted. Lois Lane gyrated between swooner and mantrapping until.the late Bronze Age. Speedy had no point until he was given an addiction. The Wasp was an underage squeeze/hostage of the month. Sif has been a pining rescue vehicle, but also an I've-Had-Enough Asskicker.

The only one I can think of that's been perpetually bad is Betty Ross/Talbot/Banner. Red She-Hulk is a charicture that did nothing to erase her eternal victimhood.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 06-01-2020 at 08:53 AM.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Mary Jane watson-Parker. She was scarcely there when Peter Parker needed her at the most desperate of times. She was more like an obstacle/hindrance than a supporting character