Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default Liu Kang, Ryu, Kyo Kusanagi vs The Following Fist Of The North Star Characters

Liu Kang vs Shin
    Ryu vs Raoh
    Kyo Kunsanagi vs Souther

Shin: Lou Kang needs Raider Power, otherwise sliced up.

Ryu: Gets killed one first serious strike by Raoh.

Kyo: Needs to get serious fast and if anime scene was canon he can destroy a metal crane with his flames really quick. If he tries simple hand to hand, he dies. ( At Pyramid Souther speed blitzed Ken, Ken needed chi blast pressure strikes to win.)

Not sure where KOF characters fall in terms of strength, but even beginning of series characters (prequel and flashbacks) of HNK are capable of touching things and turning them into ribbons. Not to mention move well above bullet speeds.

No, no and no. None of these three have any business tangling with HNK characters. Ryu is the only who might survive if this is him from either the HK or Udon comics.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I mean... Fire God Liu Kang might have a shot against Shin because Shin has like... very few feats.

I mean, given his presentation and the few feats he does have, he's still extremely dangerous by the standards of MK but he's not like... Raoh for example, who has a ton of feats at a much higher level.

Liu Kang might be able to take a slim minority of matches against Shin, perhaps a few more as Fire God if he bombards him from range before Shin jumps super high and the screen freezes with NANTO GOKUSATSU KEN.

It's a very, very slim minority since his advantage is purely in having fireballs across a span of 100 feet, and Shin doesn't really have great feats of crossing distances. Once he gets into arm's reach though, Shin's handspeed can catch early Kenshiro. While he's not as crazy as he becomes later, he can still throw 100 punches a second with pinpoint accuracy. With this level of speed, Shin is still able to get a few hits on him.

Ryu beats Raoh...if this is a Marvel vs Capcom incarnation, and even then it's iffy.

Kyo has no business taking on Souther. He's one of the inspirations for the original SNK boss (Geese) and this match is likewise unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean... Fire God Liu Kang might have a shot against Shin because Shin has like... very few feats.

I mean, given his presentation and the few feats he does have, he's still extremely dangerous by the standards of MK but he's not like... Raoh for example, who has a ton of feats at a much higher level.
    It's not saying much, but I recall a flashback when Rihaku tells Shin that Raoh's forces are closing in and that they have to retreat or face the might of Raoh. Shin says he is ready and willing to fight against him but Rihaku insists they Shin not engage him because he wouldn't be able to fight Raoh AND protect Yuria at the same time.

Taking into consideration that Raoh at that point had leveled an entire building with the casual wave of his fist (the first episode of Ten no Haou), I'd say that Shin must either be at least that strong or just be an idiot to think he could match Raoh. Not a feat in and of itself, but power scaling does matter, somewhat.

and ISTR that, both Nanto and Hokuto schools were faaaaaaaaaaaaaairly equal in strength during those flashbacks, since they seem to regularly spar/train with one another It's just that as the series progressed, Toki, Raoh and Ken reached plot-device levels of bad assery compared to the other Hokuto practictioners of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Wasn't there a Gaiden that had more feats for Shin? I can't remember if that was a thing or not.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!