Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

We're all assuming that this is referring to Ryu from Street Fighter, but that's a super common name and, as we all know, assuming just makes an Ass out of You and Ming the Merciless.

Maybe this is actually about Ryuichi Naruhodo, AKA Phoenix Wright, and this is some sort of court case?

Though how would the Ryu that fought Asura in that Asura's Wrath DLC (who literally got crotch-punched to the moon and kept fighting, IIRC) stack up to Raoh?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    We're all assuming that this is referring to Ryu from Street Fighter, but that's a super common name and, as we all know, assuming just makes an Ass out of You and Ming the Merciless.

Maybe this is actually about Ryuichi Naruhodo, AKA Phoenix Wright, and this is some sort of court case?
    Kind of depends what he's accusing Shin of. Guy has a lot of blood on his hands and he's not exactly shy about it.

Though how would the Ryu that fought Asura in that Asura's Wrath DLC (who literally got crotch-punched to the moon and kept fighting, IIRC) stack up to Raoh?
    From what I recall of that DLC, he'd be a lot stronger and more durable than Raoh, but I think he's lacking speed feats and Raoh can use Musou Tensei and bypass his durability. Gimmicks win the day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post

The only thing Raoh is likely to commit perjury on in his testimony is, maybe, his win record. Everything else from Mr. "I have no regrets" he's pretty forthcoming about.

But even if Phoenix nails Raoh on, say, opening up an illegal penitentiary dedicated to the systemic torture of martial artists and Crimes against Toki, to say nothing of bringing Kenshiro as a minor into the Nanto Deathmatch Fight Club...

...who's going to enforce this?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The only thing Raoh is likely to commit perjury on in his testimony is, maybe, his win record. Everything else from Mr. "I have no regrets" he's pretty forthcoming about.

But even if Phoenix nails Raoh on, say, opening up an illegal penitentiary dedicated to the systemic torture of martial artists and Crimes against Toki, to say nothing of bringing Kenshiro as a minor into the Nanto Deathmatch Fight Club...

...who's going to enforce this?
    He can call in favors from one of his previous clients. Namely...

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    It should be noted that near the very end of the manga, when Ken was at his most ridiculous, he pissed Yuria off by not answering Bat's heart and Lynn's feelings for him, leaving a love triangle between them unresolved.

What happened next is freaky. Koukuoh(Raoh's horse) senses death coming, but Ken thinks its just his time. Ken then sees Yuria's image in the sky, and she is not happy. The both of them get hit so hard by lightning that Koukuoh actually dies and Ken gets his memory wiped. Later on, Bat finds Ken and when he figures out what happened, it turns out that Yuria was angered enough by Ken's actions that she caused his memory loss. While she was dead. This fact is reinforced by Yuria actually appearing to Bat the moment he realizes what happened.

So yeah. Yuria might have actually been some kind of monster in her own right, but the only thing keeping her in check may have been her sickness, and her kindness. Ken had to return from the dead to kick Kaioh's arse. Yuria kicked Ken's arse while she was still dead.

HNK2 and the manga ends soon after this.
    Man, I hated HNK2 after the entire Kaioh thing ended. That should have been the point at which the series ended. I barely even recall a single thing about it.

They did Kokuoh dirty though. That horse was so legendary and he just up and dies just like that.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Man, I hated HNK2 after the entire Kaioh thing ended. That should have been the point at which the series ended. I barely even recall a single thing about it.
    I didn't mind the little stories that centred around Kenshiro raising Raoh's son. It all felt a little toothless after the Shura arc but I kind of like that it leant into Kenshiro being basically unstoppable.

Felt a bit like Kenshiro had beaten the main game and was just doing some sidequests with maxed out gear to finish up.

They did Kokuoh dirty though. That horse was so legendary and he just up and dies just like that.
    In the manga at least, you never see Kokuou's body so I maintain he lived and went off to have other horse based adventures.