Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not into it. Feels like another nostalgia-heavy thing which is too overdone.

Like there is no need for Captain Marvel to regress back to Ms Marvel. She is selling better than ever and had a billion dollar film. Why erase all that progress with the character for the sake of nostalgia?
    "Billion dollar film"

I find it funny that's literally the only argument her apologists are capable of making. Newsflash: ANY MCU movie that was sandwiched after IW and released before Endgame, and hyped as "required reading" for the biggest blockbuster ever, would've made that much easily. No one likes Captain Marvel other than people who don't even read comics. Even then, that's limited to vocal people on... certain sites. No one even talks about the movie itself, the most I hear is about the cat scratching out Nick Fury's eye. It's funny how defenders will say they love Captain Marvel so much as this big accomplishment, but then never talk about the movie itself. I can have a long and good discussion on how The Dark Knight was a masterpiece, and I wouldn't even mention that it made a billion back in 2008 (when it was rare to get there -- TDK was the 4th to do it).

As a character, she was far more well-liked as Ms. Marvel, and she was treated as a B-lister for her entire existence. Captain Carol is the definition of astroturfed popularity. And how is she "selling better than ever" when not factoring in the movie? I'm actually very interested in Captain Marvel 2. I'm going out on a guess here that CM2 won't make nearly as much as the first without being propped up by Endgame.

Again, movies don't translate to comics success. If that were the case, Iron Man 2020 would've been a massive hit. It wasn't. It failed. When you're running a comic book business, you should be thinking of comic book fans first and foremost. It's business.
    Last edited by Hybrid; 05-31-2020 at 06:58 PM.