Mighty Member

Default Movies and TV shows they should turn into comics/Graphic novels?

Carnivale (season 3) – written by the Knauf’s (Iron man/Carnivale) .

Outer Limits : Architects of fear. Illustrated by Dave Gibbons and John Higgins. If they could get even just a fraction of the Watchmen crowd to read an adaptation of the story that inspired the ending…

Shymalan’s Unbreakable verse – Bendis/Maleev ; introduces some new superhumans…

Black Mirror : San Junipero – Yuri-style Gay girl manga adaptation. Could feature a gallery of Yorkie and Kelly done by late 80’s comic stars (Byrne, Perez, Art Adams etc)

and YOUR picks?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Xena. There have been several attempts at licensed comics adaptations since the show went off the air... God, 19 years ago now... but none have involved anyone from the show and all of them have pretty much sucked. I would like to see a canon continuation of the show in comics form, executive produced by the Renaissance Pictures people and written at least partly by writers from the original show. Much like what was done with Buffy season 8.

Men In Black. This started life as a limited comics series, though with little resemblance to the movies that followed. Nobody has seemed to be able to get the tone right with the sequel movies. A LOT of the appeal of the first movie was the performances of the actors, which obviously you can't replicate in comics. It would require a writer and artist willing to go outside of what you would expect a Men In Black comic to be.

Ghostbusters. Pretty much the same deal as Men In Black. With both...maybe with all three of these comics, in fact... I might focus on a "next generation" of characters with the originals there in the background, making occasional cameos and maybe coming front and center for the occasional storyline.

The MCU movies were pretty alright. Maybe they should try and do something with those.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Ghostbusters. Pretty much the same deal as Men In Black. With both...maybe with all three of these comics, in fact... I might focus on a "next generation" of characters with the originals there in the background, making occasional cameos and maybe coming front and center for the occasional storyline.
    IDW's Ghostbusters series has been great

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    IDW's Ghostbusters series has been great
    I don't collect a lot of comics for budget reasons, but IDW Ghostbusters had always been a priority.

My only complaint is that sometimes conflicts/battles/stories wrap up a little too neatly. But the creative team are real superfans. They haven't just done the homework, they're experts by now.

I wanted Angel comics after the show ended, but I wasn't a fan of the artists Dark Horse went with.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I wanted Angel comics after the show ended, but I wasn't a fan of the artists Dark Horse went with.
    Yeah, the art sucked. Angel and Faith was better.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

It was IDW that published the Angel comics that took place right after the end of the show... the ones written by Brian Lynch in consultation with Joss Whedon. After they moved over to Dark Horse, I liked the ones written by Christos Gage and the others not so much.

Extraordinary Member

Martin, Bionic Six

Manimal, M.A.N.T.I.S. and Dark Angel as a team.