Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Death Battle: She-Ra vs Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    Diana wins
    end of spoilers

Pretty impressive they made a fully rendered animated fight with voices. Definitely looked cool.

But the actual fighting was pretty weak, IMO. It was just sword fighting. Wonder Woman and She-Ra have all these powers and skills and...swords. Just a big sword fight.

It's almost comical. She-Ra has Diana against the wall...all seems lost...but then Diana summons her secret power.....ANOTHER SWORD!

Still, it was entertaining enough for what it was and at least Diana won.

The hard part is the strength. I mean is Diana really less strong than She-Ra? I

Incredible Member

I really did not enjoy seeing one behead the other.

I also think it sucks that the powers Wonder Woman has had for 90% of her career have now been rewritten numerous times within the span of about a decade to include a bunch of stuff that I don't consider really "her": the live-action movie's lightning bracelets, or the sword of Hephaestus or whoever gave her that stupid god-killer sword or whatever that is, and bracelets that somehow restrain her powers? Yeah....none of that stuff is Wonder Woman to me.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

I also think it sucks that the powers Wonder Woman has had for 90% of her career have now been rewritten numerous times within the span of about a decade to include a bunch of stuff that I don't consider really "her": the live-action movie's lightning bracelets, or the sword of Hephaestus or whoever gave her that stupid god-killer sword or whatever that is, and bracelets that somehow restrain her powers? Yeah....none of that stuff is Wonder Woman to me.
    That one goes back to her creator though, at least in one form.

Agree about the beheading bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

I could have done without the post-mortem quip.

And death battle is getting attacked for ignoring 80s she-ra's other two powers aready. She can talk and command any animal (and talk to tree's oddly) and has HEALING POWERS! (yup she can heal.) Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The hard part is the strength. I mean is Diana really less strong than She-Ra? I
    A redneck and a science guy told me so, so it must be true.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    A redneck and a science guy told me so, so it must be true.
    That's not what I meant by bad. I meant with many years Diana has been published it's a big statement to say that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    To be fair, kicking a moon is a pretty big strength feat, but yeah, Wonder Woman just beheading She-Ra seems cruel, they should just be fighting for fun, not to the death. Wonder Woman being faster than She-Ra is not surprising, most major DC heroes has insane speed feats.

Really a more interesting story is having She-Ra and Wonder Woman team-up, rather than fight each other, heck She-Ra has her own cat-themed villains, there is some team up fodder:

https://he-man.fandom.com/wiki/Catra...sses_of_Power)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    To be fair, kicking a moon is a pretty big strength feat, but yeah, Wonder Woman just beheading She-Ra seems cruel, they should just be fighting for fun, not to the death.
    Then it wouldn't really be a Death Battle now would it. With a few exceptions pretty much every loser gets killed in some more or less violent way. It's just how the show works.
    Really a more interesting story is having She-Ra and Wonder Woman team-up, rather than fight each other, heck She-Ra has her own cat-themed villains, there is some team up fodder:
    It's not really a story. It's a hypothetical fight based on calculations and comparissons of feats, abilities and equipment.

Extraordinary Member

Didn't really care for Diana's characterization in this one, but that's more on DC than them

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Then it wouldn't really be a Death Battle now would it. With a few exceptions pretty much every loser gets killed in some more or less violent way. It's just how the show works.

It's not really a story. It's a hypothetical fight based on calculations and comparissons of feats, abilities and equipment.
    QFT. If you don't like the series, I get it, but essentially every Death Battle ends in one of the combatants' grisly death. Supes and Goku killed everyone on Earth!

Personally, unless they think He-Man vs. Superman is a foregone conclusion, I would've preferred She-Ra vs. Kara Zor-El because of the DC vs. Masters of the Universe toy line from a few years back. On the other hand, this makes sense, too, and I agree with the conclusion.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

To be fair, kicking a moon is a pretty big strength feat, but yeah, Wonder Woman just beheading She-Ra seems cruel, they should just be fighting for fun, not to the death. Wonder Woman being faster than She-Ra is not surprising, most major DC heroes has insane speed feats.

https://he-man.fandom.com/wiki/Catra...sses_of_Power)
    Based on the images they show in the video. They took feats from multiple versions. In that case Wonder Woman being way beow she-ra is just not true. WW moved the moon and the sun by herself in Golden Age. And moving a portion of Earth against gravity pull in Post Crisis is also better than moving the moon.

As someone who is a Deathbattle fan it might help if you listen to the Q&A they have on their podcast after the battle. The Q&A portion where they talk about the battle starts around 10:50 or 11 minutes into this vid

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.