Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Death Battle: She-Ra vs Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    Diana wins
    end of spoilers

Pretty impressive they made a fully rendered animated fight with voices. Definitely looked cool.

But the actual fighting was pretty weak, IMO. It was just sword fighting. Wonder Woman and She-Ra have all these powers and skills and...swords. Just a big sword fight.

It's almost comical. She-Ra has Diana against the wall...all seems lost...but then Diana summons her secret power.....ANOTHER SWORD!

Still, it was entertaining enough for what it was and at least Diana won.

The hard part is the strength. I mean is Diana really less strong than She-Ra? I

Incredible Member

I really did not enjoy seeing one behead the other.

I also think it sucks that the powers Wonder Woman has had for 90% of her career have now been rewritten numerous times within the span of about a decade to include a bunch of stuff that I don't consider really "her": the live-action movie's lightning bracelets, or the sword of Hephaestus or whoever gave her that stupid god-killer sword or whatever that is, and bracelets that somehow restrain her powers? Yeah....none of that stuff is Wonder Woman to me.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

I also think it sucks that the powers Wonder Woman has had for 90% of her career have now been rewritten numerous times within the span of about a decade to include a bunch of stuff that I don't consider really "her": the live-action movie's lightning bracelets, or the sword of Hephaestus or whoever gave her that stupid god-killer sword or whatever that is, and bracelets that somehow restrain her powers? Yeah....none of that stuff is Wonder Woman to me.
    That one goes back to her creator though, at least in one form.

Agree about the beheading bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The hard part is the strength. I mean is Diana really less strong than She-Ra? I
    A redneck and a science guy told me so, so it must be true.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

I could have done without the post-mortem quip.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    A redneck and a science guy told me so, so it must be true.
    That's not what I meant by bad. I meant with many years Diana has been published it's a big statement to say that.

And death battle is getting attacked for ignoring 80s she-ra's other two powers aready. She can talk and command any animal (and talk to tree's oddly) and has HEALING POWERS! (yup she can heal.) Oops.

As a super fan of both characters, I think I'll skip this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    And death battle is getting attacked for ignoring 80s she-ra's other two powers aready. She can talk and command any animal (and talk to tree's oddly) and has HEALING POWERS! (yup she can heal.) Oops.
    I mean the two characters have a lot of history and other things. Diana also has those abilities. They don't always get everything right.

I loath this Death Battle crap.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 06-01-2020 at 05:21 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

It was a pretty boring fight, nowhere as good as Thor vs WW.

Yea, feel like current Diana would be perceived as weaker just cause of the fact that she doesn't do much right now. But, you would think Diana could replicate the moon feat, I mean she moved 1/3 of the earth, that's 2.2 quintillion tons, how much stronger is She-ra? and there are other things. I mean, I HATE the fact the Gauntlets have a breaking point now and it wasn't even bothered to figure if She-ra could break it. They only did it in the comics for pure shock factor. God Mode may not even exist anymore or its been replaced with Witch Mode so... that is kind of questionable. I knew Diana was stupidly fast, especially in a fight, there was no way She-ra could counter that. Diana also had a massive skill advantage. Diana's gear was better too. The strength part surprised me though.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

This is getting spread around.

[IMG][/IMG]

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    To be fair, kicking a moon is a pretty big strength feat, but yeah, Wonder Woman just beheading She-Ra seems cruel, they should just be fighting for fun, not to the death. Wonder Woman being faster than She-Ra is not surprising, most major DC heroes has insane speed feats.

Really a more interesting story is having She-Ra and Wonder Woman team-up, rather than fight each other, heck She-Ra has her own cat-themed villains, there is some team up fodder:

https://he-man.fandom.com/wiki/Catra...sses_of_Power)