Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    When DIana lives on her own. What house would best match her? I mean with how I see it in my head. I think there should be an area that matches somewhat like Paradise Island buildings. Not too modern yet not ancient looking
    Something that opens to nature, since she has an affinity to that from Demeter and Artemis. So the suburb. The beach house in Rebirth is the closest I've seen to ideal since the environment is close to Paradise Island.

I don't know enough about her interior taste to say

With how Gateway city works should be simple enough. She can portal through to go back to the city. I did have an idea the lasso can make a portal for her. Or she finds an object that can connect her.

The Bats rule Gotham, and the Supers watch over Metroplis. We all associate these iconic families, with their equally iconic hometowns, and I think all of iconography builds on itself. What will make 'Gateway' a classic with fans ..is making it the seat of the Wonder Woman family.

What's going on here? Why isn't Gateway tied fully to Wonder Woman, by now? Both John Byrne and Eric Luke both used it for stories, but, it didn't seem to stick, ..as if some mysterious cosmic force (editors) isn't holding Diana's world, together, anymore. Seriously, folks - all it would take to give Wonder Woman an iconic city would be editors mandating on, for the foreseeable future, all WW stories being launched, from Gateway City...

Period! "It's Gateway or NO way, writers!" See how easy that was?

As with many dispiriting, underwhelming things (lack of regular supporting cast, colorful recurring characters, like Wonder Dog, ..first-class rogues gallery, etc) we find in our WW comics, there's simply no editorial will, for this enterprise, amigos. I think naming Diana's town 'Marston City' would make it harder for writers to ignore, because someone (me) would constantly remind them. "What about that city, named after her creator, William Moulton Marston, with all them weird, freaky people in it, from different worlds and time-lines, ..being spied on by the Military? When is she going back, there? Doesn't she have this city, named after the guy, who invented her, ..way back in the Forties? The one, with the park, full of giant monuments, where she walks her Purple Rottweiler--you know! What about Marston City--where is it?"

Oh, somebody would move her star-spangled butt, back to Marston City, if they were staring down all of that, ..every time the comic changed hands. Editor or no editor! Sure, they would.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-21-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

It's actually the same with Dick. He is also his own hero but Dc never knows what to do with him or Bludhaven. Dc just focuses more on Paradise Island than any city. That's the issue. They don't know what fits her. With an ever-changing Supporting cast and a few other things they just don't know. This is why I kind of want a Batcave or Fortress of Solitude. In a sense, yea Paradise Island can be that. However, she should also have one in her new home.

I guess what I'm saying is that Diana's iconic city needs a...I was about to type that Diana's iconic city should be justified, by an iconic purpose. That is utter kanga chips, when you consider Superman and Batman were given theirs, right out of the box! Furthermore, while Steve 'the Boyfriend' Trevor's military career half-justified Washington, DC, being Diana's city, in World War II, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman and the Spectre also fought in that war, ..but, were given their own iconic cities, in the 1950s: Central City, Coast City, Midway City and Gateway City.

We might speculate that Steve Trevor's military life and the nationalist symbolism of Wonder Woman's uniform are the most likely inspirations for keeping Diana's stories, in Washington, DC, for so long. We might also consider the wars that followed World War II, in addition to the mythos elements that I just mentioned, have been a rationale for keeping her in that city. Consideration of all of that raises other questions. Now, that Diana is no longer a US military professional, ..should Wonder Woman's stories continue to revolve around the seat of the US government ..or any government?

In the Batman books, the Batman Family stands in for the US Military, in the WW comics, and the Daily Planet, in the Superman comics. Why can't the same work for a prospective Wonder Woman family, in its own iconic city? I think, because of Diana's foreign origin, this would be a very progressive solution for telling stories in WW and moving this STAGNANT narrative, refreshingly forward. Perhaps, Steve Orlando's new, Amazon embassy island can be a catalyst for that, ..in which case, it might not matter what city, the island rests beside.

Does that embassy island thing make a stronger case for a fictional city, Gateway or Ocean City, ..or does that weaken the case for it, completely?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-22-2020 at 04:24 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Depends on what you want to do with the embassy Island. In many ways, it can work. Like Diana made a portal so people can go to the Island. But like I said before people should wear bracelets. Similar to the amazons just to make sure no one gets lost. I had the idea that Diana can keep jumpa. If both Bruce and Clark can have their pets why not Diana.