Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What should we do with Diana's city

Both Gotham and Metropolis have some interesting storylines. So what about Diana? I mean going with the idea if Gateway were to be an actual gate where mythical and humans live together. What storylines do you see? Diana's life does need to be expanded.

One idea I had for Gateway was to play with the name somewhat in that it would have the only reliable access portal (or gateway) to Themyscira and it'd be where the Themysciran embassy would be based.

Other than that, I'd move a lot of stuff from Diana's publication history to the city; Holiday College, Argus' headquarters, Myndi Mayer and Veronica Cale's corporate headquarters, etc.
    Last edited by Gaius; 06-01-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Agree. Diana can have much more fun. Holiday College would be her first interaction with the outside world. This is where I would build up Holliday College. What should make it important? Honestly I thought about it somewhat like the Holliday Girls can be connected with Diana. In that, they were sent away babies.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I never thought of this because I always view Diana's Gotham and Metropolis as Themyscira. That's her unique home and city.

The stand out happenings in Diana's environment for me is every time they bring in Ancient Greece elements to the town, such as Julia Kapatelis, the professor. Barbara Minerva being an archaeologist. The Chimera that Diana captured is living in the zoo.

Since current Diana has lived through WW2, I also want her to have a connection to the museum and library. Those places should be important to her.

Holiday College will be important as long as there's someone there in Diana's recurring supporting cast. Since Etta graduated and went to the military, the attention is more on them on top of Steve Trevor also being there.

Vanessa Kapatelis was in junior high at the start of the Post Crisis, so she should go to Holiday College once she graduates, and yeah it should be in the same town.

I'm talking purely mixing continuity here, by the way, not current canon.

I don't think she needs her own fictional city. It just feels forced. She's been around for 80 years and never had one, even Gateway wasn't originally hers. Plus she already has Themyscira and I'd rather DC focused on properly developing that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I don't think she needs her own fictional city. It just feels forced. She's been around for 80 years and never had one, even Gateway wasn't originally hers. Plus she already has Themyscira and I'd rather DC focused on properly developing that instead.
    Heres the problem. Themiscara is her origin story and she LEAVES. A majority of her stories are set in the USA yet she has no iconic city. Without an iconic city she has no status quo. No status quo she gets shuffled around constantly.