Time appears to move forward, and therefore stories move forward as well -- unless the story involves time travel, but that's a whole different conversation.

I always assume that, even if a favorite character isn't currently putting out a comic that I enjoy (or maybe isn't even currently in any comics at all!) that eventually I'll probably get an opportunity to enjoy that character's adventures again. I'd certainly prefer that to rehashes of stories already told, and it'd be a shame to lose the history of most characters, as the stories inevitably provide depth to the characters, making their actions and choices all the more meaningful.

Plus, whenever I'm waiting for a character's comeback, I get to make up stories in my head about what I'd like in the future!

So, instead of rebooting things, I ask this question:

Where would you like to see your favorite characters go from wherever the last writer left them, or where their current writer seems to be taking them? Whether you like an A-lister like Wolverine or a D-lister like Sleepwalker, I'm curious what direction you'd like to the character go -- but instead of hearing what you dislike or want removed, I'd be much more interested in hearing what specific continuity you might choose to lean on, what authors or artists from the past you might draw inspiration from -- essentially, I want to know how you'd continue building the story of the character rather than hear about any destruction or erasure.

I hope you enjoy sharing your hopes for future stories with everyone!

-Pav, who is celebrating his 36th birthday today...