Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Wouldn’t that just end every battle and create a boring battle?
    Yes, but them's the breaks. Luckily, comics aren't written with that perspective, and that is where a battle being long and drawn out is actually entertaining. There's no entertaining way to have a fight debate other than enjoying the debate. If you want an exciting fight, then that is fan fiction, not debate.

I thought Jordan could move at warp speeds? Can’t find much on his speed sept a few absurd areas where he moves way way way faster then the speed of light.
    Hal can MOVE at warp speeds, but he doesn't think or react to them. He just has the reactions of a fighter jet pilot. Occasionally, he sped up his reaction times by specifically willing the ring to do so. And the ring can also be auto-programmed to attack super speed targets. Neither is the baseline he walks into the arena with. Prep completely changes the ball game.

But if you give them prep, THIS fight just becomes boring the other way. Green Lanterns have plenty of PIS themselves, and with sufficient warning can render themselves intangible and immune to harm from Superman and then take their time using strategies like those listed. Solar draining, anti matter, what have you.

If you want to make an interesting fight, you usually need to match like against like. For Green Lanterns, that would be other energy manipulator types like Quasar or Magneto.

You mean writers don’t want to end the story after one issue? Wow, you’re smart.
    Rather than attack a posters view maybe you should familiarize yourself with the forum rules first, as bigs has already touched on the the basics.

Anyway as he usually never speed blitzes I’d give a huge edge to GL, he could likely do something crazy like drain his solar energy.
    As was clearly mentioned, Superman will blitz under Rumbles rules. Unless you can provide proof of auto shields, Hal is fucked Edit: Hal Jordan does have auto shields, but feats for holding up under Clark's combination of super speed and power are an issue. Therefore, Green Lantern without prep or the ring amping his reaction speed will be getting blitzed by a guy who has decades worth of super speed combat feats.
    Last edited by Cronus; 06-04-2020 at 12:48 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yes, but them's the breaks. Luckily, comics aren't written with that perspective, and that is where a battle being long and drawn out is actually entertaining. There's no entertaining way to have a fight debate other than enjoying the debate. If you want an exciting fight, then that is fan fiction, not debate.

Hal can MOVE at warp speeds, but he doesn't think or react to them. He just has the reactions of a fighter jet pilot. Occasionally, he sped up his reaction times by specifically willing the ring to do so. And the ring can also be auto-programmed to attack super speed targets. Neither is the baseline he walks into the arena with. Prep completely changes the ball game.

But if you give them prep, THIS fight just becomes boring the other way. Green Lanterns have plenty of PIS themselves, and with sufficient warning can render themselves intangible and immune to harm from Superman and then take their time using strategies like those listed. Solar draining, anti matter, what have you.

If you want to make an interesting fight, you usually need to match like against like. For Green Lanterns, that would be other energy manipulator types like Quasar or Magneto.
    I think the newest version can work in auto pilot the ring I mean...I haven’t read the book, read that in an article

I think the newest version can work in auto pilot the ring I mean...I haven’t read the book, read that in an article
    Yeah, we go by feats in the characters continuity.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Rather than attack a posters view maybe you should familiarize yourself with the forum rules first, as bigs has already touched on the the basics.

As was clearly mentioned, Superman will blitz under Rumbles rules. Unless you can provide proof of auto shields, Hal is fucked Edit: Hal Jordan does have auto shields, but feats for holding up under Clark's combination of super speed and power are an issue. Therefore, Green Lantern without prep or the ring amping his reaction speed will be getting blitzed by a guy who has decades worth of super speed combat feats.
    My point is just to debate, GL has good speed feats and has fought kryptonians

Also I’m familiarizing myself with this new upgraded Hal’s feats. I believe his ring can take over at times.

Also if I was rude I apologize

My point is just to debate, GL has good speed feats and has fought kryptonians

Also I’m familiarizing myself with this new upgraded Hal’s feats. I believe his ring can take over at times.

Also if I was rude I apologize
    No apologies necessary. Rumbles rules dictate the style of debate. These folks have been doing this on CBR for quite a long spell and have come up with a set of rules that make coming to a reasonable conclusion about how character X holds up against character Z a possibility. Believe me when I say I've been to numerous Rumbles/Battles style debate forums and I find lots of trolling, fan fiction based debates, etc...not my style. As Captain pointed out, it tends to make for some dry debating on occasion, but a reasonable "thereabouts" can be reached and some peace along with it. Typically, when two characters are similarly powered, but one has super speed and the other does not, that is the deal breaker.
    ----------------------