Mighty Member

Default Bullies and other Obnoxious people you stood up to?

Had a kind, polite Japanese housemate in 2002. Her western boyfriend was an egotistical prick with a screw loose who made me feel unwelcome in my own home and unofficially moved in behind my back helping himself to the food in my cupboard. One morning around 2.30am he buzzed our downstairs intercom and started pestering her. She was greatly upset by this and told him to go away. I tried to tell him the same when I offered to talk to him. “Who the BEEP are you?” he asked.
    “I’m her housemate. Please go. You’re upsetting her.”
    “Who the BEEP do you think you are?”
    “*I’M* the guy calling the cops!”
    And I did. The little weasel disappeared from the scene when they came around.
    (Later, he was pretty much stalking her and she had to leave. But at least I stood my ground)

And YOU?

8th grade, classmate tried to push me down a flight of stairs in front of the school. To keep myself from falling, I spun around and grabbed the arm of her winter coat. Ripped the sleeve off, but was able to remain upright. Her friend had to drag her away as she was crying and yelling at me.

High school, classmate recruited a new student to follow me to my bus stop after school. The new student grabbed me by the shirt and slammed me against a brick wall. They might have dine worse, only the bus arrive just then. I was let go and I climbed on the bus quickly. A really nice, middle aged woman who happened to be black, saw what happened and offered support. I would have defend myself, only I promised my mother I wouldn't. The one who attacked me got expelled, I graduated valedictorian a few years later. Best revenge.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

(thanks!) Yeah, got a few high school stories to tell...

Some rude junior high students came into the high school library I work at one recess and started jumping all over the bean bags, making noise and being idiots in general. "Oi! Come over 'ere!" one of them yelled out, like I was his servant or something.
    I told a supervising teacher and she got them to sit down with some books they grabbed from a display stand and pretended to read without much change in their behaviour.
    When they came back at lunch I was ready. "Wait!, ya hafta be readin a book", one said and grabbed a few novels. Little did he know I had replaced the books he grabbed before with LGBT novels like Rainbow Boys and Two BOys Kissing! Homophobic as they were obnoxious, the boys put the books down and left the library and I never saw them again!