Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The only con I can think of is the difference of tone... they like making him gritty and grounded... of course when making these stories they don't use characters like Clayface. Even Ivy's powered down to just seduction instead of city leveling plants.

However, since... Morrison? They've been bringing back the sillier elements, and it continues with Snyder and King, who likes epic, and now we have Hugo Strange Kaiju, multiple Bat-Armor, Moon Batcave, ghosts of Arkham and of course, Signal and Gotham Girl, so the past 7 years it's already not the same tone as it used to be. Meta can work in Gotham with that kind of threat.

Sure.

He could use the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Even Ivy's powered down to just seduction instead of city leveling plants.
    And that is very upsetting. ivy is one of the best. I have always said that she shouldnt really be a Batman Villain though. She is way over powered for him. Done right she should be a world lever threat.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, in the mini-series Batman and the Signal, Batman has a meta-apprentice/allies with incredible power for detective stuff in Duke Thomas. Currently, his powers have been shifted toward something fundamentally different in BatO but we can still hope he'll reverse back to his light powers.

And whether or not anyone wish to use Gotham-Girl in the future (please, don't. If Harper Row had to be shelved for the very little things she did, Gotham-Girl should also be left alone and forgotten forever) he have a second as strong or stronger than Superman himself.
    Gotham Girl has a major weakness. Using her powers shortens her lifespan. So while she's potentially as powerful as Superman, she's on a time limit, and can only be used as a last resort.

Anyway, didn't she end up becoming Thomas Wayne's Robin? I haven't read the end of King's run but I remember a cover showing her in a purple Robin costume.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gotham Girl has a major weakness. Using her powers shortens her lifespan. So while she's potentially as powerful as Superman, she's on a time limit, and can only be used as a last resort.

Anyway, didn't she end up becoming Thomas Wayne's Robin? I haven't read the end of King's run but I remember a cover showing her in a purple Robin costume.
    Not anymore. At the end of King's run, he gave her a platinium Kryptonite (or something like that) which gave her all her powers without drawbacks. I guess she's just as strong as Superman now, tought.

Maybe someone with a limited powerset than "jack of all trades" types?

Duke's perfect for this.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It would be nice for DC to stop introducing sidekicks to Batman's inner circle. At this point I can't think of a superhero with a bigger family than Bruce. Kinda defeats the purpose of being Batman for me. Like Wolverine he trains a school of kids theese days.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

*CLAP* bring *CLAP* back *CLAP* super *CLAP* damian *CLAP*

Last edited by charliehustle415; 06-03-2020 at 02:00 AM.

All-New Member

I think Damian may have superpowers again because Chaos shard is still in him.

One thing that I thought about as I plodded round morning walk was definition of sidekick....for example, would any member of extended Bat family count or does relation need to be closer than that??

My dictionary (Chambers 21st..UK so American dictionaries may well vary) defines it as "a close and special friend, a partner or deputy"...so going on that definition I think most of the extended Bat family wouldn't count as sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    Is sidekick with superpowers a little different? 90% of the heroes in the DCU have superpowers, and depending on the story Batman already is in command of an entire Justice League.
    There's also Batman and the Outsiders which gives Bruce an entire team of super powered sidekicks.

All-New Member

Who's NIGHT WING to BATMAN?

All-New Member

Yea.-who's nightwing to batman if i may ask

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlz View Post
    Yea.-who's nightwing to batman if i may ask
    Like most things in DC comics the question has more than one answer..

I think most modern DC fans would say it’s the adult super hero identity of Dick Grayson...who long ago was adopted by Batman and trained in the detective arts, street fighting, etc...and who took the super hero name Robin when he fought alongside Batman in his younger days.

On other hand a silver age relic such as myself might say it was the name Superman took when he fought crime in the bottle city of Kandor...

And I bet more voracious readers can recount a few other times Nightwing has been used.

Extraordinary Member

That’s what he has the Outsiders for.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-03-2020 at 12:19 PM.