Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Maybe the definition: : immune to or proof against attack/incapable of being wounded, injured, or harmed

But more importantly Is this the description of the courage of Achilles: From the wiki:

But also...

Frankly even if he breathed in fear toxin he wouldn't "Feel" any debilitating amount of fear. Though he doesn't NEED to Eat, Drink, or Breath requiring no physical nourishment anyway.

Dudes invulnerable b, giving him a fear from a chemical should be impossible and really ... its just bad writing from someone who didn't research the character or doesn't care to. Just a cheap throw away gimmick.
    Hmm good point, I usually only think about the physical when it comes to invulnerability. I wasn't sure how far that stretched when it came to respiratory attacks like fear toxin.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Hmm good point, I usually only think about the physical when it comes to invulnerability. I wasn't sure how far that stretched when it came to respiratory attacks like fear toxin.
    That's the thing. Back in the Golden Age of comics, "invulnerability" meant immune from all physical harm. In fact, in Black Adam's first tussle against the Marvel Family, neither Black Adam nor the Marvel Family could harm each other, even when they were punching each other. Now, being "invulnerable" simply means that a person with this power is immune to things that can harm a NORMAL person. And certainly, we've seen Black Adam do damage to Billy whenever they fight each other.

And that's where the bone of contention lies. Some feel that Billy should have been immune to the Scarecrow's toxins, even though the dialogue explicitly stated that a) the Scarecrow states that he is NOT some ordinary street thug, and, b) that his latest fear toxin was something new. Nothing in the book reads "bad writing", when you could easily pull examples where Doctor Sivana's use of science can harm even Billy, so why can't the Scarecrow, since he, too, is a "super-villain"?

And personally? Just because the hero has "magic powers", that doesn't mean either "super-science" or even "weird science" can't be a counter-measure to "magic".