Default Smaug vs. Mothra

Fight over a mountain range.

1: Live action most recent versions.

2: Book Smaug.

Bonus: If Smaug loses, add all 3 of Daenerys' dragons from GoT.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mothra wins. All rounds.

It took blasts from KGs beams to dry her, a being who was a threat to Godzilla.

The dragons are not enough gun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Mothra wins. All rounds.

It took blasts from KGs beams to dry her, a being who was a threat to Godzilla.

The dragons are not enough gun.
    Context: Ghidorah didnt just kill her. He straight up vaporized her. His attack was serious overkill compared to her durability.

She was also burnt and visibly staggered from her scuffle with Rodan.

She is probably stronger and faster then the Dragons though. Possibly larger as well? I don't recall how heavy Smaug is admittedly.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Trying to recall...how is Mothra's durability against fire? I feel like that's the only thing Smaug has in his arsenal against Mothra. Mothra appears to be bigger and possibly stronger and as agile in the air.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Mothra was able to tangle with Rodan awhile, and while it did definitely mess her up; Rodan naps in liquid hot magma. Figure it's her fight to lose really. The shinies that protected Smaug from middle age artillery won't really stop Mothra, either.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Mothra was able to tangle with Rodan awhile, and while it did definitely mess her up; Rodan naps in liquid hot magma. Figure it's her fight to lose really. The shinies that protected Smaug from middle age artillery won't really stop Mothra, either.
    Okay then. Maybe the OP would be willing to add some sharks with frickin laser beams on their heads!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

1: Mothra stung Rodman so hard it went through him, his blood looked molten, that did no damage.

2: She could accurately web KG’s head thing and it stood there until other heads free him.

3: She could not spam that due to Rodman being a dick.

4: The Game of Throne dragons are no where near that size to be a threat ( their bodies would get webbed no problem.)

5: Mothra is a damn good flier. Given Rodman typically fast enough his wind can tear down buildings as a after effect and she hung with him just fine. ( not to mention he danced/murdered modern planes.)

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

1: Mothra stung Rodman so hard it went through him, his blood looked molten, that did no damage.

2: She could accurately web KG’s head thing and it stood there until other heads free him.

4: The Game of Throne dragons are no where near that size to be a threat ( their bodies would get webbed no problem.)

5: Mothra is a damn good flier. Given Rodman typically fast enough his wind can tear down buildings as a after effect and she hung with him just fine. ( not to mention he danced/murdered modern planes.)
    I"m sorry but all I can think is basketball player and Madonna lover Dennis Rodman. Is this different than Rodan?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

MonsterVerse Ghidorah's bolts are surprisingly powerful, given how quickly they stunned Rodan into submission and incapacitated Godzilla for a few moments. Mothra's durability is comparable to, say, Rodan, given how it took Ghidorah several seconds to vaporize her.

Smaug's fire is nothing to underestimate. It does pose a threat to Mothra, and if she's not careful, it will burn her to a crisp; however, the Queen of Monsters is fast and agile enough to not only evade Smaug's fire breath but subdue him with a webbing/stinger combination.

The GoT dragons might make a difference, but they're nowhere near big or strong enough to seriously pose a threat to her. Mothra's wings flap at supersonic speeds, blowing away a cloudy sky in seconds*. Her god-rays are blinding enough to stun all four dragons and leave them completely vulnerable.

Don't mess with Mothra.

EDIT: *This is relevant because there's a chance Mothra devastates the GoT dragons with just the flap of her wings.

1: Her stinger appears to be considerably tougher then her soft tissues because the rest of her was burning and messed up from her scuffle with Rodan. Outside of her stinger, she couldn't cause visible damage to Rodan at all. Even when she clawed his head, that just pushed him off briefly.

2 and 3 are good points. If a Dragon gets webbed, it's not breaking loose. Webbing is super strong. However, she only did it at close range and is unlikely to get more the 1 target at a time using this method.

4: They are much smaller, yes, but if spaced out they won't all get webbed. They are also pretty potent with offense. Drogon was slicing through large stone towers like a hot knife through butter.

5: If by "hung with him just fine" you mean, "got badly damaged and was clearly losing until a last minute hurrah" then sure. Look, Mothra won that fight by the skin of her teeth, luring him into the only position where she could bring her most potent attack to bare. I dont think she is particularly in Rodans wheelhouse in terms of durability.

Also, Rodan can exceed super sonic city destroying speeds in a straight line, but that last scuffle with Mothra was more about darting in and out. Complex maneuvers, not straight speed. I wouldn't say she could match his speed based on what we see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    MonsterVerse Ghidorah's bolts are surprisingly powerful, given how quickly they stunned Rodan into submission and incapacitated Godzilla for a few moments. Mothra's durability is comparable to, say, Rodan, given how it took Ghidorah several seconds to vaporize her.

Smaug's fire is nothing to underestimate. It does pose a threat to Mothra, and if she's not careful, it will burn her to a crisp; however, the Queen of Monsters is fast and agile enough to not only evade Smaug's fire breath but subdue him with a webbing/stinger combination.

The GoT dragons might make a difference, but they're nowhere near big or strong enough to seriously pose a threat to her. Mothra's wings flap at supersonic speeds, blowing away a cloudy sky in seconds*. Her god-rays are blinding enough to stun all four dragons and leave them completely vulnerable.

Don't mess with Mothra.

EDIT: *This is relevant because there's a chance Mothra devastates the GoT dragons with just the flap of her wings.
    I don't believe Mothra is particularly close to Rodan in durability. She was getting burnt up from simply wrestling with the guy and has no feats on the scale of his volcanic eruption feat or even when he survived the military assault.

Even KG only KO'd him whereas Mothra was turned to dust after a few brief seconds.

I do totally agree with the rest of your reasoning though. She does have a serious feat of power when she cleared the sky of clouds and caused waves hundreds of meters away. Especially with the smaller GoT Dragon's, a good gust would probably scatter them like leaves in the wind. Smaug could probably stay in the air, but with also being blinded and without back up would be easy pickings for webbing or stinger attacks.
    - big_adventure