Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,524

    Default Mini Marital Arts tournament Round 2

    This is a martial arts tournament.

    Physical stats are equalized, the name of the game here is skill land technique.

    The battles all take place in the Budokai arena from Dragonball.

    Victory can come via Knock-out, pinfall, surrender, or ring-out. Killing is not permitted.

    Match 1: Kenshiro vs. Master Roshi

    Match 2: Jin Mo-Ri vs Samurai Jack

    Additionally, I will include a Loser's Bracket. Discussing that is optional, but it's there for fun.

    Loser's Match one: Po vs. Chang Koehan
    Loser's Match two: Val Arnorr vs. Shio Sakaki

  2. #2
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    I’ve never been any good at marital arts. Ask my wife.

  3. #3
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Allrighty then.

    Kenshiro activates Musou Tensei at the bell, rendering Roshi's minor range advantage moot and removing pretty much of all of his options. Hit him with phase fist and he's done. If Roshi puts out a receptacle for Mafuba, Kenshiro can also just blast it away.

    Mori can just summon clones and flatten Jack with equal, if not superior skill and he has a weapon that can actually stand up to Jack's divine blade.

    Po beats Chang free because Chang sucks and has no feats.

    Val beats Sakaki by some kind of space martial arts bullshit probably.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Allrighty then.

    Kenshiro activates Musou Tensei at the bell, rendering Roshi's minor range advantage moot and removing pretty much of all of his options. Hit him with phase fist and he's done. If Roshi puts out a receptacle for Mafuba, Kenshiro can also just blast it away.
    Actually Roshi does have one tactic that he cane use: Destroy the ring? Kenshiro being intangible won't protect him from a ring out.

  5. #5
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Kenshiro vs Roshi:
    The only option for Roshi against a intangible Ken is to try and Mafuba him, but I don't think he will have the time to do that.

    Jin Mori vs Samurai Jack:
    His Yeoui Staff is more versatile than Jack's sword and tougher, and he has multiple close range fighting skills that will overwhelm Jack as well. Or he could go the clone route and make his victory easier and quicker

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    6,236

    Default

    Actually, there's nothing saying Roshi has to imprison someone in a jar or whatever with the mafuba. The energy picks the person up, and they end up where the user aims. For example; Tien used it on King Piccolo back in the original run, but missed the container. And yet, King Piccolo was still thrown in that direction.

    Though I imagine the fight would start out without either using their ace in the hole abilities.

  7. #7
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Actually Roshi does have one tactic that he cane use: Destroy the ring? Kenshiro being intangible won't protect him from a ring out.
    Is flight a technique that can be used? Also if Jin destroys the ring but calls in his flying nimbus cloud to avoid a ring out does his opponent get the ability to fly as well?

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Is flight a technique that can be used? Also if Jin destroys the ring but calls in his flying nimbus cloud to avoid a ring out does his opponent get the ability to fly as well?
    1. Roshi can't fly, but neither can Kenshiro so far as I know
    2. No because ability to fly is not a stat
    3. I think the nimbus would count as a ring out.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member Stigmazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. Roshi can't fly, but neither can Kenshiro so far as I know
    2. No because ability to fly is not a stat
    3. I think the nimbus would count as a ring out.
    Roshi cant fly on the nimbus anymore anyway, because he is not pure of heart anymore which is part of why he gave it to Goku.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,524

    Default

    Any opinions on the Destroy the Ring tactic?


    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Roshi cant fly on the nimbus anymore anyway, because he is not pure of heart anymore which is part of why he gave it to Goku.
    He's referring to Jin's Nimbus.

  11. #11
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Any opinions on the Destroy the Ring tactic?
    Well, it's a double KO surely.

    If he's doing it with a beam then this can go one of two ways. He shoots at Kenshiro, aiming to destroy the side of the ring he's on. Kenshiro can just activate Musou Tensei (intangibility) and Raibo Shinkyaku (additional speed) his way through the beam to safety. Alternatively, Roshi shoots at his own feet to destroy the whole ring in which case Ken just jumps up and hopes for the best.

    Also, would the power equalisation thing kick in with beams? Both Kenshiro and Roshi can shoot them, Roshi can bring waaay greater firepower to bear though. If they get into a beam war, does Kenshiro get an equality boost or not?
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Well, it's a double KO surely.

    If he's doing it with a beam then this can go one of two ways. He shoots at Kenshiro, aiming to destroy the side of the ring he's on. Kenshiro can just activate Musou Tensei (intangibility) and Raibo Shinkyaku (additional speed) his way through the beam to safety. Alternatively, Roshi shoots at his own feet to destroy the whole ring in which case Ken just jumps up and hopes for the best.

    Also, would the power equalisation thing kick in with beams? Both Kenshiro and Roshi can shoot them, Roshi can bring waaay greater firepower to bear though. If they get into a beam war, does Kenshiro get an equality boost or not?
    1. What I was imagining was that, after Kenshiro uses Musou Tensei and Roshi realizes he can't hit him, that Roshi would leap into the air and blow the hole ring up with his kamehameha. Then it'd just be a matter of not touching the ground before Kenshiro

    2. Yes are equalized in strength but not in esoteric effects.

  13. #13
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. What I was imagining was that, after Kenshiro uses Musou Tensei and Roshi realizes he can't hit him, that Roshi would leap into the air and blow the hole ring up with his kamehameha. Then it'd just be a matter of not touching the ground before Kenshiro
    Okay, a couple of things here.

    1) Musou Tensei is the ultimate /secret/ technique in Hokuto Shinken. The number of people who know about it can be counted on one hand and by the end of the series there are three. Kenshiro himself and Lin and Bat who saw him use it in the final battle with Raoh. It is no way covered by standard knowledge so Roshi would have to interact with Kenshiro to find out he can no longer hit him.

    2) Taking the above point into account, this means Roshi does one of two things. A) He fires a beam at Kenshiro and Ken dashes through it and hits him. B) He does not fire a beam and tries to punch/kick Kenshiro whereupon he will not be able to hit him and Kenshiro counterattacks him.

    3) Based on the above scenario, Kenshiro has a free counter attack before Roshi tries to blow up the ring. Normally he would just explode his body but, since this is a non lethal affair, he can either hit him with the Kento Shadan [phase fist] and destroy the muscular structure of whatever limb he targets or, for a more fun and esoteric result, he hits Zankai Sekiho Ken [Burden of Regret Walk fist] which causes the opponent to perpetually walk backwards against their will and Roshi rings himself out.

    Or he can hit his Sanyo point and paralyse him completely and throw him out.

    Or he can just Hokuto Gosho-ha him out of the ring.

    Or he can tap his Meiken point and knock him out instantly.

    Ken has options for days here.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-05-2020 at 01:43 AM.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  14. #14
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Does previous battle knowledge carry over to the fighters left? As in if Goku fires a secret version of a Kamehameha in round 1, does his opponent in round 2 have that knowledge and knows he can do that?

    Also if speed is equalized I don't know if Ken can rush through Roshis beam attack and get to him without Roshi sensing/seeing that his attack is not working and then backing off and changing his stratagy. He is old but he also has alot of experience and I could see him reacting to Ken's intangibility before he gets into hand to hand range.

  15. #15
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Does previous battle knowledge carry over to the fighters left? As in if Goku fires a secret version of a Kamehameha in round 1, does his opponent in round 2 have that knowledge and knows he can do that?

    Also if speed is equalized I don't know if Ken can rush through Roshis beam attack and get to him without Roshi sensing/seeing that his attack is not working and then backing off and changing his stratagy. He is old but he also has alot of experience and I could see him reacting to Ken's intangibility before he gets into hand to hand range.
    Budokai ring isn't exactly big, where's he going to go?

    Also, if he stops firing Ken can just shoot him with his beam options.

    Roshi doesn't exactly have a lot of wiggle room here.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •