Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WarThor and Unworthy Thor VS Immortal Hulk and Red Hulk

Who wins?

1) No bfr.

2) Bfr allowef.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Do we treat Unworthy Thor as classic Thor minus the hammer, or the level of competence he actually demonstrated? It is relevant for his speed feats and those would be a deciding factor.

I’m not really familiar with War Thor. Can he fly?

Because that’s kind of important, even putting everything else aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Because that’s kind of important, even putting everything else aside.
    Same. Not sure about War Thor, but Immortal Hulk is Al Ewing's Mary Sue and maybe the most powerful version of Hulk. Still trying to catch up on Immortal story, but Imm. Hulk has a healing factor second to none. Like, high tech rifles that put bullets through Hulks skull are almost irrelevant as Hulk actually heals from wounds like these. Imm. Hulk one shots worthy Thor in an early issue of Avengers (2018). On the other hand, not sure how Thors mod ruled speed applies or if even relevant to this version of Thor? Also, evidently "the one below all" supplies Hulk with as much strength as needed, maybe in the vein of Cytorrak and Juggernaut.
    Last edited by Cronus; 06-05-2020 at 10:28 AM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member

As I recall yes, he hovered up to try to flood the Muspelheim realm with a massive thunderstorm in a fit of rage.

He was Volstagg who lifted and became empowered by Ultimate Thor's hammer and then threw down with Jane Fosthor some.

I'm dimly recalling something about Hulk being exploded and his body parts pretty instantly coming back together and attacking someone while they do it. Does anyone have scans of that? Because that would be decisive here.

Yeah, I saw that scan. In a lab, and his body basically ‘ate’ one of the scientists who’d been experimenting on him while it was reforming (the guy was in the way).

If War Thor can stay out of range and bombard the Hulks from the air, they can’t do much about it, but if Immortal Hulk’s regen is so quick he can’t be 10-counted, that doesn’t really matter.

I guess in Fight 2 War Thor could BFR the Hulks...? Either through space-toss or; if Ultimate Mjolnir haa this ability, which I don’t know; d-dump.

In fight 1 it’s going to come down to whether they can put Immortal Hulk down for ten or not. Eventually, War Thor would need to rest.

Hell - Volstagg might even eat part of Hulk to try and stop him reforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm dimly recalling something about Hulk being exploded and his body parts pretty instantly coming back together and attacking someone while they do it. Does anyone have scans of that? Because that would be decisive here.
    I dont have the scans, but it was pretty ridiculous. They had him in little pieces all spread out over a few dozen feat. The instant the glass broke, the chunks swarmed back together with such speed that a scientist couldn't run or evade them and ended up getting absorbed and digested.

A 10 count would be a VERY difficult task methinks.

War Thor can fly so maybe a BFR strat could work? Especially with the fastest guy in Unworthy Thor also trying for a spacetoss?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Same. Not sure about War Thor, but Immortal Hulk is Al Ewing's Mary Sue and maybe the most powerful version of Hulk. Still trying to catch up on Immortal story, but Imm. Hulk has a healing factor second to none. Like, high tech rifles that put bullets through Hulks skull are almost irrelevant as Hulk actually heals from wounds like these. Imm. Hulk one shots worthy Thor in an early issue of Avengers (2018). On the other hand, not sure how Thors mod ruled speed applies or if even relevant to this version of Thor? Also, evidently "the one below all" supplies Hulk with as much strength as needed, maybe in the vein of Cytorrak and Juggernaut.
    I don't think he's a Mary Sue. Ewing makes it rather clear that no one should ever go through what Hulk's experiencing. As powerful as he may be, his torment and suffering are much higher than usual. He even equates his own madness and anger as pain in its own right, so the angrier he gets, the more pain he's in.

A Mary Sue Hulk would have him be his strongest with no downsides, with his full Professor Hulk intellect and humor, with Betty by his side, everybody loving him, Bruce living his best life ever, and Ewing living vicariously through him. Aside from the strength, his comic is almost the exact opposite of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I don't think he's a Mary Sue. Ewing makes it rather clear that no one should ever go through what Hulk's experiencing. As powerful as he may be, his torment and suffering are much higher than usual. He even equates his own madness and anger as pain in its own right, so the angrier he gets, the more pain he's in.

A Mary Sue Hulk would have him be his strongest with no downsides, with his full Professor Hulk intellect and humor, with Betty by his side, everybody loving him, Bruce living his best life ever, and Ewing living vicariously through him. Aside from the strength, his comic is almost the exact opposite of that.
    Mary Sue is probably the wrong term (apologies), unless perhaps understood strictly from the stand point of Immortal Hulk doesn't seem to lose a lot of fights. In comparison even to worthy Thor, Thor gets rocked...literally one shotted in Imm Hulk 7(?), loses a tooth and Steve Roger's has to move to protect Thor.

Edit: also, IDK if Thors board ruled speed even applies here to unworthy Thor. I suppose on Rumbles, we can write off anything Aaron writes regarding Thor much like Jeph Loeb's stuff is sometimes disregarded because y'know, Jeph Loeb.
    Last edited by Cronus; 06-06-2020 at 01:47 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Yeah, I saw that scan. In a lab, and his body basically ‘ate’ one of the scientists who’d been experimenting on him while it was reforming (the guy was in the way).

If War Thor can stay out of range and bombard the Hulks from the air, they can’t do much about it, but if Immortal Hulk’s regen is so quick he can’t be 10-counted, that doesn’t really matter.

I guess in Fight 2 War Thor could BFR the Hulks...? Either through space-toss or; if Ultimate Mjolnir haa this ability, which I don’t know; d-dump.

In fight 1 it’s going to come down to whether they can put Immortal Hulk down for ten or not. Eventually, War Thor would need to rest.

Hell - Volstagg might even eat part of Hulk to try and stop him reforming.
    Even if War Hulk flies, Hulk(s) can jump good and tag him eventually.

Normally, an edged weapon that can cut a class 100 and a speed advantage is going to be a fight winner. But it doesn't sound like it is going to do it here. So I think if everything discussed here is valid* then the Hulks have it.

*If. I vaguely recall Immortal Hulk tussling with She Hulk and not performing on this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Makes scary sense. The Hulk is truly not just rage. But how Banner channels his shorty life to cope with what he has. The more pain and reason to be angry, gives him that much more strength.

Do we treat Unworthy Thor as classic Thor minus the hammer, or the level of competence he actually demonstrated? It is relevant for his speed feats and those would be a deciding factor.
    Level of competency displayed.

Even if War Hulk flies, Hulk(s) can jump good and tag him eventually.

Normally, an edged weapon that can cut a class 100 and a speed advantage is going to be a fight winner. But it doesn't sound like it is going to do it here. So I think if everything discussed here is valid* then the Hulks have it.

*If. I vaguely recall Immortal Hulk tussling with She Hulk and not performing on this level.
    So Immortal Hulk > Thor minus BFR ?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    So Immortal Hulk > Thor minus BFR ?
    Just saying "Thor" is disingenuous. "These Thors" is better. Immortal Hulk should still lose to a COMPETENT, well-armed Thor. It's just that's not what we have here.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan