Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

I'll say that knowledge from previous rounds does carry over.

Normally I'd be hesitant to do that, since it would come across as cheating to counter Nik's points, but I doubt Kenshiro needed Musou Tensei aganst his first round opponent, so that shouldn't matter

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'll say that knowledge from previous rounds does carry over.

Normally I'd be hesitant to do that, since it would come across as cheating to counter Nik's points, but I doubt Kenshiro needed Musou Tensei aganst his first round opponent, so that shouldn't matter
    Yeah. Chang would not have required a Musou Tensei. Kenshiro had a million other ways to deal with that.

I don't see Roshi knowing about Musou Tensei until he discovers it in match and, at which point, he is already dead. (Figuratively)

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I too am not going off of Roshi knowing about before hand as well, just saying that if he uses it at range to dodge a ki blast Roshi could react to that since speed is equalized.

True the ring isn't huge so Roshi playing keep away with Ken won't be easy, it's just that it should give him time for at least one initial dodge and then he has to deal with Ken's esoterics in real time.

Extraordinary Member

Just a heads up, Voting closes tomorrow at Midnight.

Some questions

1. Can Jack's ability to stealth into the light be used to his advantage here?

2. Any thoughts on the Loser's bracket?

Some questions

Jack doing ninja stuff in light required him to take off his kimono and wrap himself up in it and retired exceptionally bright sun neither of which really seem that viable here.

Also, Mori can see through illusions. Simple stealth isn't going to help here.

Losers bracket seems fairly simple to me.

Po beats Chang because he has feats of skill and stuff while Chang has nothing.

Val beats Sakaki because he can skill harder. It's a good fight but magic speed-force lightning dodge after it hit me gimmicks should see him through.

Another thing to throw out there for Roshi; he knows a "quasi-Ultra Instinct" sort of thing. Not particularly a fan of how it was implemented, but its there.

In the manga in the Tournament of Power, Roshi was able to dodge Jiren's attacks, if only for an extremely short amount of time. But to still be able to do that against someone so many magnitudes stronger than he is, well, it makes the fight that much more interesting as Roshi is on par with his opponent this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Another thing to throw out there for Roshi; he knows a "quasi-Ultra Instinct" sort of thing. Not particularly a fan of how it was implemented, but its there.

In the manga in the Tournament of Power, Roshi was able to dodge Jiren's attacks, if only for an extremely short amount of time. But to still be able to do that against someone so many magnitudes stronger than he is, well, it makes the fight that much more interesting as Roshi is on par with his opponent this time.
    What are we claiming this quasi-ultra instinct does exactly?

I imagine Ken can counter it because that's how he rolls.

Some questions

As said above it took environmental set ups and time to wrap himself up to enter his stealth mode using light, and I don't see him recreating that in this fight. Plus Jin has feats for seeing/sensing hidden foes that used better stealth modes than Jack has.

I would back Po over over Chang as Po has many more feats and all of them are better than Chang.

I would back Val over Sakaki as Val fights bigger/stronger opponents all the time and has multiple "skills" to counter them eventually.
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 06-09-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member

11 hours and 40 minutes remain until this round is over, so be sure to get your votes in before then

To be clear, I am voting this way.

Winners bracket: Kenshiro and Jin Mori.

Losers bracket: Po and Val.

My final votes are:
    Kenshiro

Jin Mori

Po

Val

Final votes:

Kenshiro: Basically Musou Tensei for the win

Jin Mori: Like against Sakaki, too much esoterics for Jack

I'll join the majority and vote Po.

And well Val's skill allows him to hit far higher than his natural weight class, so yeah.

Wouldn't have changed much, but I lost power last night about 9pm, and didn't get it back until 9:30pm tonight.

Extraordinary Member

Welp, it's fairly unanimous.

Jin and Kenshiro move onto the finals.