Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 106

Thread: Kindred?

  1. #91
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am just happy not to see Silk in Amazing. I want her as far away from Peter as possible.
    why they dont even do that sexual attraction thing anymore it was pretty short lived
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

  2. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    why they dont even do that sexual attraction thing anymore it was pretty short lived
    Because everyone hated it? The in-universe explanation is maybe that got use to it and it doesn't affect them anymore?

  3. #93
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    For the people judging Silk being there, read her solo series before judging her off of one writer's interpretation of her.
    Agreed. Robbie Thompson had to do a lot of damage control.

    And imo I'd rather see Cindy than Gwen.

    Wonder how Jess gets dragged into this?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter and subscribe to Spider-Woman by Karla Pacheco and Strikeforce by Tini Howard!

  4. #94
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Agreed. Robbie Thompson had to do a lot of damage control.

    And imo I'd rather see Cindy than Gwen.

    Wonder how Jess gets dragged into this?
    Apparently, being a Spider-prefix character is enough, though I would like to see, if Peter's gonna be forming this Order of the Web, how he gets Jessica to join. Of course, given she's the most experienced and skilled Spider-Person aside from Peter himself, she'd definitely be a valuable member of the team.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  5. #95
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Apparently, being a Spider-prefix character is enough, though I would like to see, if Peter's gonna be forming this Order of the Web, how he gets Jessica to join. Of course, given she's the most experienced and skilled Spider-Person aside from Peter himself, she'd definitely be a valuable member of the team.
    True and they have been having Jess interact in more Spider-Events recently.

    And I can't disagree with your reasoning. I don't follow Spidey but it would make sense to have Jess there based on experience alone.

    The solicitation also mentioned Madame Web.... Is there a new Madame Web or does that still fall to Julia? ( Again outside of Jess, don't really follow Spidey)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter and subscribe to Spider-Woman by Karla Pacheco and Strikeforce by Tini Howard!

  6. #96
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    True and they have been having Jess interact in more Spider-Events recently.

    And I can't disagree with your reasoning. I don't follow Spidey but it would make sense to have Jess there based on experience alone.

    The solicitation also mentioned Madame Web.... Is there a new Madame Web or does that still fall to Julia? ( Again outside of Jess, don't really follow Spidey)
    Probably should be Julia, as Cassandra is still dead, not counting The Clone Conspiracy, and even then, she chose to die again because she wanted no part in the new Jackal's schemes or its fallout.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  7. #97
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post


    (W) Nick Spencer (A) Federico Vincentini (CA) Ryan Ottley
    • The Sin-Eater has leveled up thanks to Kindred, and his evil plan is WORKING - New York City is on fire at its own hand, Ravencroft is under siege and Spider-Man seems to be the only one who knows right from wrong anymore.
    • He certainly can't look for help from Ravencroft's chief administrator, NORMAN OSBORN, whose past will haunt both himself and Spider-Man!
    • So Spidey calls his Amazing friends Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Ghost-Spider, Spider-Girl and Madame Web in to help. The Order of the Web is born.
    Rated T
    "Order of the Web" sounds like something Ezekiel would come up with. Kind of a weird group name for these kinds of characters and one I'm not expecting to catch on any more then "Spider-Man and his Spider-Pals" has as a concept.

    It's nice to see Anya though .

    Treating Miles Morales: Spider-Man like his actual codename .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    why they dont even do that sexual attraction thing anymore it was pretty short lived
    For me it's just that Cindy is often so abrasive or just plain condescending when it comes to her interactions with Peter. I've never really enjoyed them together even after they revamped her.

  8. #98
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Order of the Web" sounds like something Ezekiel would come up with. Kind of a weird group name for these kinds of characters and one I'm not expecting to catch on any more then "Spider-Man and his Spider-Pals" has as a concept.

    It's nice to see Anya though .

    Treating Miles Morales: Spider-Man like his actual codename .

    For me it's just that Cindy is often so abrasive or just plain condescending when it comes to her interactions with Peter. I've never really enjoyed them together even after they revamped her.
    Exactly right. I admit I have been the harshest critic of Cindy posting here, but I flat out do not care for her. I understand there are people who like Robbie Thompsonís version and that is fine, but why should I invest time and money on a character I do not like. It is almost like going to the movies to see a musical ( when I hate musicals and prefer gangster films instead).

  9. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am just happy not to see Silk in Amazing. I want her as far away from Peter as possible.
    Ditto.

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    For the people judging Silk being there, read her solo series before judging her off of one writer's interpretation of her.
    I have and I still don't like Silk.

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Exactly right. I admit I have been the harshest critic of Cindy posting here, but I flat out do not care for her. I understand there are people who like Robbie Thompson’s version and that is fine, but why should I invest time and money on a character I do not like. It is almost like going to the movies to see a musical ( when I hate musicals and prefer gangster films instead).
    I'm with you on Silk.

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    The name is Amazing Spider-Man: The Sins of Norman Osborn
    Thanks for the help.

  11. #101
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    935

    Default

    Maybe its Carlie cooper thats kindred. Amazing Spider -man has her in the first 4 page.It could be a red herring

  12. #102
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    I still think itís 616 Gwen Stacy....but what if itís Carl King????!!!!

  13. #103
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I still think it’s 616 Gwen Stacy....but what if it’s Carl King????!!!!
    I would honestly prefer if it was Carl King.

  14. #104
    Fantastic Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    265

    Default

    The Thousand is such a wild story. Pretty underrated, grotesque horror fare with Spidey. Also Garth Ennis for not liking to write superheroes actually had a good understanding of Spidey.

  15. #105
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The Thousand is such a wild story. Pretty underrated, grotesque horror fare with Spidey. Also Garth Ennis for not liking to write superheroes actually had a good understanding of Spidey.
    Indeed. From what I've read of Ennis, the reason he dislikes superheroes so much factors into what is apparently his dislike for elites in general, as he sees superheroes as just another elite lording over the masses of ordinary people. Spider-Man is pretty distant from the superhero elite in terms of his standing in-universe, just being an ordinary guy doing the best with what he has and what he's been given, so in that vein, it's probably easier for Ennis to write for him without making him an unpleasant parody of himself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •