Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindred?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Does Jean Dewolff have any history with Norman Osborn? I know she debuted in 1976 well after Norman was thought to be dead. Could it be possible that Kindred is Jean Dwolff? This could be why Kindred brought the Sin-Eater is back as well. We do know that Jean had some feelings for Spider-Man that she never shared. Is it possible that Stan Carter found out and out of Jealousy he killed Jean? If Kindred is Jean, it explains why she's upset about all the women Peter has around him as well.
    This is actually a very sensible guess and I haven't seen it mentioned. But honestly, if this turns out to be true, it wouldn't excite me as a reveal.

The longer this goes on, the less likely I can see this landing well. I have yet to see a guess that excites me. Hope I'm wrong.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    This is actually a very sensible guess and I haven't seen it mentioned. But honestly, if this turns out to be true, it wouldn't excite me as a reveal.

The longer this goes on, the less likely I can see this landing well. I have yet to see a guess that excites me. Hope I'm wrong.
    I thought of her because of the Sin-Eater. He sudden resurrection is odd. Then I remembered that during the original Sin-Eater story, Peter finds a photo of himself and Black Cat in Jean's apartment but Black Cat had been cut out of the photo. Kindred seemed to have lost his/her cool when Peter revealed his ID to Black Cat. The only pieces I can't fit are Osborn and Kingpin.
    Another thing that caught my attention was that during one of Spider-Man's fights with Sin-Eater, Spider-Man jump over a shotgun blast which hits a bystander. Rather than Spider-Man save the man who was shot, he kept fighting Sin-Eater. My wild guess is that could be a "forgotten sin" but I doubt it.
    Last edited by xpyred; 06-07-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    the possibility of Ned being Kindred made me think of Remender's run as Flash Thompson as Venom.
    I know it's not fair to bring expectations like this to the table, but I was kind of crushed that Crime Master didn't turn out to be Ned Leeds.

I've been wanting Ned to return to Spider-Man's world for the longest. I feel like he really got a raw deal in terms of the way he went out and I never got over feeling like he could have been so much more. And he has such a rich history with Peter and the supporting cast.

Astonishing Member

The Pandemic has made the mystery about Kindred to be delayed. Honestly, I can't wait to see who in blazes this guy is and what is his problem with Peter. Whoever he is, it seems powerful enough to make Kingpin and Norman Osborn to fear them, but I doubt he can be more dangerous than Morlun and his family.

Incredible Member

Ned Leeds? I don't know about that one. We just had the clone Ned that died so I don't really know how to feel about this one.

People mentioning that Kindred could be Gwen - isn't that boring and predictable to you? I'm actually fed up with hearing about Gwen Stacy to be honest. Marvel can't seem to figure out what to do with her. Every few years it's another clone or an old clone that we never saw before. The last few clones all seemed to be evil (except for the final one to die in Clone Conspiracy. We already have Spider-Gwen, do we really need yet another Gwen story? The fact that we haven't stopped talking about Sins Past for the last 14 or so years is already annoying enough regarding Gwen. But imagine turning her into an evil mummy from hell. I think it's boring and predictable and I'm just overall tired of Gwen.

If Clone Conspiracy haven't already brought back Ben Reilly, I would have said it was the original Ben that died in Spider-Man 75. Kindred is wearing red. And Osborn originally did want peter to be his heir back in early 2000. I can except this or a dozen others but Gwen just doesn't do it for me.
    Last edited by xpyred; 06-09-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Ned Leeds? I don't know about that one. We just had the clone Ned that died so I don't really know how to feel about this one.

People mentioning that Kindred could be Gwen - isn't that boring and predictable to you? I'm actually fed up with hearing about Gwen Stacy to be honest. Marvel can't seem to figure out what to do with her. Every few years it's another clone or an old clone that we never saw before. The last few clones all seemed to be evil (except for the final one to die in Clone Conspiracy. We already have Spider-Gwen, do we really need yet another Gwen story? The fact that we haven't stopped talking about Sins Past for the last 14 or so years is already annoying enough regarding Gwen. But imagine turning her into an evil mummy from hell. I think it's boring and predictable and I'm just overall tired of Gwen.

If Clone Conspiracy haven't already brought back Ben Reilly, I would have said it was the original Ben that died in Spider-Man 75. Kindred is wearing red. And Osborn originally did want peter to be his heir back in early 2000. I can except this or a dozen others but Gwen just doesn't do it for me.
    The problem with Ben Reilly was he was not around during the Ditko run ( Ezekiel as well), and that was a clue. I was just reading that they are doing a Miles/Gwen romance in the next “Into The Spider-Verse movie, so that probably eliminates Gwen as Kindred. It likely comes down to my pick ( Ned Leeds), Harry and Crime Master as far as Kindred is concerned.

Did Ned ever interact with Norman?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    That is a fair point. My only question is did Ned blame Norm as well as Pete for Gwen’s death? That is something I do not know.

Astonishing Member

Since Norman is co-creator of the Goblin serum, I'm not sure that matters.

Mighty Member

Not that I can think of, but Norman's post "death" recovery time could have had him behind the scenes doing something or other - Kingsley could have targeted Ned as a dupe to foil Norman, for example. It's a workable retcon if they need it.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Mighty Member

Ned is still alive thanks to the clone consperice

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Ned is still alive thanks to the clone consperice
    As I remember Ned died in Peter’s arms.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    As I remember Ned died in Peter’s arms.
    Yep--which begs the question, why did Spencer bring Ned's clone back to our attention only to kill him so quickly?

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=David Walton;5004783]Yep--which begs the question, why did Spencer bring Ned's clone back to our attention only to kill him so quickly?[/QUOT
    Especially because others like Billy Connors are back. Ned is still my choice to be Kindred.

I become more and more like Kindred every day. Again and again I attempt to tear my own face off to no success. But I look into my eyes and see those same black voids. The portals between the world and the mind of someone twisted and rotten, toiling and waiting for their moment, dressed in tatters, full of spite, and also aware of current pop culture trends.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate