Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kindred?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I become more and more like Kindred every day. Again and again I attempt to tear my own face off to no success. But I look into my eyes and see those same black voids. The portals between the world and the mind of someone twisted and rotten, toiling and waiting for their moment, dressed in tatters, full of spite, and also aware of current pop culture trends.
    "Tear my own face off..."

Freakface.

Spidercide is Kindred.

-Pav, who couldn't've solved it without Snoop...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Norman, is that you?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Norman, is that you?
    Probably, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Probably, yeah.
    I don't know, there are other candidates. Miles Warren (The Jackal) is another option.

Pre-OMD Harry is the telegraphed choice but the one I think it has to be lol. People would say how can it be Harry he's alive, but remember this run's first arc had a story with Peter being literally split into two beings representing different aspects of himself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Pre-OMD Harry is the telegraphed choice but the one I think it has to be lol. People would say how can it be Harry he's alive, but remember this run's first arc had a story with Peter being literally split into two beings representing different aspects of himself.
    Harry would obviously check all of the boxes for being Kindred, but there are two reasons I did not pick him. 1: He is too obvious. Kindred may be the biggest story Spencer will do in Amazing, and I am sure he wants the payoff to work instead of being predictable. 2: Spencer likes the obscure characters (Boomerang and Gibbon are examples of this). I am still sticking with Ned Leeds as Kindred ( despite no direct ties to Norm), especially because of Spencer and reason number two ( Leeds is obscure enough to surprise the readers ( especially when compared to Harry)).

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Marvel seems to have a good thing going with Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider. I don't think they'd let Spencer Nazi Cap her.
    Could not disagree more. Spider Gwen is insulting to the impact that the death of the real Gwen Stacy had on Peter Parker. Spider Gwen is everything that is wrong with Marvel today.

Mighty Member

Uncle Ben's revenge

Appreciate this thread! I don't want it to be Gwen or Ned. Harry makes too much sense, but all the other choices don't have enough connection to Norman to justify those scenes in the Absolute Carnage tie in... I think my favorite theory on here is the one that says Kindred is the part of Peter's souls that died in Amazing #700. I think that would be a cool call back. Especially if it becomes the way we start to undo OMD...

Lightbulb

At this point, I would like Kindred to be 616 Gwen making the character a tragic villain. I think it would be a very interesting story especially if Gwen/Kindred was responsible for OMD in some fashion (either motivated by jealousy of MJ, or a misguided desire to save MJ from a similar fate, or both). However, given 65 Gwen's popularity, I doubt Papa Disney wants Marvel confusing causal friends who might conflate the two. If I'm wrong and Kindred is Gwen, I'll end my boycott as I've got to read this one as a 616 Gwen fan and a Spidey fan in general
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-14-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Amazing Member

Maybe it's the real Norman Osborn. Maybe he's been in hell since he got impaled by the glider and the Norman we've seen since then is just som kind of copy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    Maybe it's the real Norman Osborn. Maybe he's been in hell since he got impaled by the glider and the Norman we've seen since then is just som kind of copy.
    At this point what is the current status of Norman Osborn? He's been locked up and stuck thinking he is Cletus Kasady since Amazing 800. During Absolute Carnage he was still under the impression he was Cletus and got whooped by Spider-Man while also dealing with Kindred in his own mind. Then suddenly he is in the Ravencroft series and back to "normal".

I think it's pre-OMD Harry. All the pieces fit together too well: Norman says he's proud of him, he's terrified of Norman, calls Mary Jane "MJ".

All the pieces are lined up for something OMD related: Aunt May is dying, the enemy is clearly demonic, Peter wants to marry MJ, the Osborns have a tendency to kill Peter's loved ones.

Do you remember who "faked the death" of Harry? Mysterio.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think it's pre-OMD Harry. All the pieces fit together too well: Norman says he's proud of him, he's terrified of Norman, calls Mary Jane "MJ".

All the pieces are lined up for something OMD related: Aunt May is dying, the enemy is clearly demonic, Peter wants to marry MJ, the Osborns have a tendency to kill Peter's loved ones.

Do you remember who "faked the death" of Harry? Mysterio.
    Aunt May isn't dying; she had surgery at the end of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #14 to remove the lump, so that's nixed.