Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Kindred?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That is certainly true but here is why I dismissed Gwen. 1:What did she do to deserve to go to Hell? Shacking up with Osborn? Being mean to Aunt May? If that is the standard, then 99.999999% of us are going to Hell. 2: If Spencer goes in that direction he will create so much anger with the readers. It would be Sins Past on steroids. She has to be a suspect ( including the scenario I mentioned earlier, but for the two reasons I mentioned I just do not see it
    I tend to agree, although I think it would make for one heck of a story if I'm wrong. I can't see Spencer going in that direction, or being allowed to by Editorial (or Papa Disney), Post-Hydra Cap over which he endured a tremendous amount of backlash. Who knows, maybe he doesn't care about negative reactions at this point?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I tend to agree, although I think it would make for one heck of a story if I'm wrong. I can't see Spencer going in that direction, or being allowed to by Editorial (or Papa Disney), Post-Hydra Cap over which he endured a tremendous amount of backlash. Who knows, maybe he doesn't care about negative reactions at this point?
    Nothing shocks me anymore, but In an era of “Me Too” Weinstein and Epstein, having Gwen go to Hell and her Wealthy, powerful, killer being free and she becomes a demon? It will not go over well with the ladies. That is yet another reason I do not see it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Being sent to Hell can do that to a person. Remember, all the Ghost Riders were normal people before their fateful changes. Gwen could have easily gained a massive power-up in the dark realm.
    No, seriously, whoever this individual is, it can NOT be Gwen Stacy. That would be as sick as the whole "Sins Past" thing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    No, seriously, whoever this individual is, it can NOT be Gwen Stacy. That would be as sick as the whole "Sins Past" thing.
    It's also predictable and boring - just like Gwen is. the same goes for Harry being kindred unless there is some decent twist as to why he is. Otherwise this character (Kindred) hasn't really done much and (in my opinion) losing steam quickly.
    Last edited by xpyred; 06-17-2020 at 06:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    It's also predictable and boring - just like Gwen is. the same goes for Harry being kindred unless there is some decent twist as to why he is. Otherwise this character hasn't really done much and (in my opinion) losing steam quickly.
    Maybe the best Harry was in cartoons. He was pathetic in 616 ( a junkie), and as evil as Norman Osborn is, there is a reason why he wanted his grand kids or even Peter to take over for him. He knew Harry was weak. Thrown in DeHaan in TASM and you get th picture ( Gwen because of Emma Stone came out better), but I certainly do not want her nor do I see Spencer choosing her as Kindred ( for the reasons I mentioned before). I still pick Ned and Crime Master as a dark horse selection.

It would be rare for her to be Gwen when they have always used male pronouns when referring to Kindred. If I wanted to be ambiguous I would have used "it".

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It would be rare for her to be Gwen when they have always used male pronouns when referring to Kindred. If I wanted to be ambiguous I would have used "it".
    We keep saying Gwen because we don't have any good theories besides the one Spencer gave us for free, because either the red herring is not the red herring, it is some cliche'd anti-Peter, or an actually interesting OC.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I haven't read any of Spencer's ASM, so I'm just going to guess Kindred is Stevil.

(W) Nick Spencer (A) Federico Vincentini (CA) Ryan Ottley
    • The Sin-Eater has leveled up thanks to Kindred, and his evil plan is WORKING - New York City is on fire at its own hand, Ravencroft is under siege and Spider-Man seems to be the only one who knows right from wrong anymore.
    • He certainly can't look for help from Ravencroft's chief administrator, NORMAN OSBORN, whose past will haunt both himself and Spider-Man!
    • So Spidey calls his Amazing friends Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Ghost-Spider, Spider-Girl and Madame Web in to help. The Order of the Web is born.
    Rated T

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

(W) Nick Spencer (A) Federico Vincentini (CA) Ryan Ottley
    • The Sin-Eater has leveled up thanks to Kindred, and his evil plan is WORKING - New York City is on fire at its own hand, Ravencroft is under siege and Spider-Man seems to be the only one who knows right from wrong anymore.
    • He certainly can't look for help from Ravencroft's chief administrator, NORMAN OSBORN, whose past will haunt both himself and Spider-Man!
    • So Spidey calls his Amazing friends Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Ghost-Spider, Spider-Girl and Madame Web in to help. The Order of the Web is born.
    Rated T
    Is that the separate Sins Rising Prelude #1? Sucks seeing Silk there.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    The name is Amazing Spider-Man: The Sins of Norman Osborn

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I am just happy not to see Silk in Amazing. I want her as far away from Peter as possible.

Astonishing Member

Seeing that cover, "Creepy Crawlers" comes to mind. By the way, any date for that issue to come?

And "The Order of the Web"? I think I liked "Web Warriors" better.

By the way, the description mentions "Ghost Spider" (Gwen Stacy), but we see Silk instead. Wrong cover? It reminds me the cover of "Web Warriors" during Secret Wars, where they mistook Spider-Gwen with Spider-Girl.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 06-19-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Seeing that cover, "Creepy Crawlers" comes to mind. By the way, any date for that issue to come?

And "The Order of the Web"? I think I liked "Web Warriors" better.

By the way, the description mentions "Ghost Spider" (Gwen Stacy), but we see Silk instead. Wrong cover? It reminds me the cover of "Web Warriors" during Secret Wars, where they mistook Spider-Gwen with Spider-Girl.
    I really hope it is Gwen and not Cindy. I am not reading anything with Cindy Moon. There are two characters in the history of Spider-Man I despise: Silk and Jackal and I avoid them.

For the people judging Silk being there, read her solo series before judging her off of one writer's interpretation of her.