Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Kindred?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I still think it’s 616 Gwen Stacy....but what if it’s Carl King????!!!!
    While I think King is one of the most rotten of all Spider-Man villains ( right up there with Carnage), and Spencer likes the obscure characters, I do not think it is King. Why? No one except Peter knows who he is especially important that Norman Osborn does not know about King.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I thought of her because of the Sin-Eater. He sudden resurrection is odd. Then I remembered that during the original Sin-Eater story, Peter finds a photo of himself and Black Cat in Jean's apartment but Black Cat had been cut out of the photo. Kindred seemed to have lost his/her cool when Peter revealed his ID to Black Cat. The only pieces I can't fit are Osborn and Kingpin.
    Another thing that caught my attention was that during one of Spider-Man's fights with Sin-Eater, Spider-Man jump over a shotgun blast which hits a bystander. Rather than Spider-Man save the man who was shot, he kept fighting Sin-Eater. My wild guess is that could be a "forgotten sin" but I doubt it.
    I don't think Kindred is Jean but what about her brother, Brian, the Wraith? I just re-read MTU 48-51 and his powers, the ability to read thoughts and control people's minds, create illusions, would explain alot of the things we've seen as far as Pete having nightmares, how Kindred screwed with Mysterio and how he would know Spidey is Pete. Brian DeWolf is supposedly dead so he could have gone to hell for his acts as the Wraith (even though he was manipulated by his dad). His grind with Pete/Spidey is that he holds him responsible for Jean's death, maybe thinking Jean's unspoken attraction to Spidey put her in harms way. That might explain Kindred's comments about Spidey putting Felicia in danger by being involved with her. Sin-Eater was wearing a police badge with the name DeWolf, which wasn't necessarily Jean's as Brian was a police officer as well. Also Sin-Eater's shotgun blast that passed through Spidey before "killing" Overdrive (only it didn't) is in line with Wraith's power to create illusions in the mind. I also think the fact that Jean DeWolf is featured in the Gwen Stacey mini-series is too much of a coincidence. I know Spencer's not writing it but I wouldn't be surprised if it ties in to Kindred regardless, there's just too much overlap.

Oh course this could be a Hush-like scenario and all this turns out to be Mysterio's doing, since Spencer went to great lengths to show us Kindred lorded over Mysterio.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    I don't think Kindred is Jean but what about her brother, Brian, the Wraith? I just re-read MTU 48-51 and his powers, the ability to read thoughts and control people's minds, create illusions, would explain alot of the things we've seen as far as Pete having nightmares, how Kindred screwed with Mysterio and how he would know Spidey is Pete. Brian DeWolf is supposedly dead so he could have gone to hell for his acts as the Wraith (even though he was manipulated by his dad). His grind with Pete/Spidey is that he holds him responsible for Jean's death, maybe thinking Jean's unspoken attraction to Spidey put her in harms way. That might explain Kindred's comments about Spidey putting Felicia in danger by being involved with her. Sin-Eater was wearing a police badge with the name DeWolf, which wasn't necessarily Jean's as Brian was a police officer as well. Also Sin-Eater's shotgun blast that passed through Spidey before "killing" Overdrive (only it didn't) is in line with Wraith's power to create illusions in the mind. I also think the fact that Jean DeWolf is featured in the Gwen Stacey mini-series is too much of a coincidence. I know Spencer's not writing it but I wouldn't be surprised if it ties in to Kindred regardless, there's just too much overlap.

Oh course this could be a Hush-like scenario and all this turns out to be Mysterio's doing, since Spencer went to great lengths to show us Kindred lorded over Mysterio.
    That's a neat well thought out theory.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    That's a neat well thought out theory.
    Thanks, there's still plenty of holes but that's the case with any theory. I do think that the established history of the Wraith might allow Spencer to make connections that have thus far gone unexplained. For example the connections to Kingpin and Osborn. In MTU Brian DeWolf, a police officer who was on the fast track to eventually become Police Commissioner, was ambushed by a 4 man hit team, his partner killed. That's a sophisticated operation that specifically targeted DeWolf. That kind of high level move against a police officer had to be 1) carried out by Organized Crime and 2) Approved at the highest levels of that OC outfit, (i.e the Kingpin) as killing cops is generally forbidden. That tells presents a few possibilities:
    1. Brian DeWolf was a good cop who was on the verge of something major and had to be eliminated.
    2. He was a corrupt cop who had crossed the Kingpin
    3. His father was a corrupt Cop and Brian was killed either as a message or in retaliation.
    4. Both Phillip and Brian Dewolf were corrupt.

Three out of four scenarios could be used to make the connection to Kingpin. It might also explain why Kindred made the Kingpin kneel before him (again Wraith had the power to force people into physical actions). Think about it, Fisk HAD to be forced to kneel, I just don't see any scenarios where Kingpin woould willingly knee before ANYONE (maybe Vanessa). He'd rather die first.

The connection to Osborn could be similar, especially if both DeWolf's are corrupt. Phillip Dewolf was the police commissioner so he would undoubtedly have rubbed elbows with an influential businessman like Osborn. Given the fact that they are both absolute misogynists, it wouldn't be stretch for them to start talking over a few drinks about how much they hate women. (Remember how Osborn spoke about Gwen in ASM 122?, compare that to the statements of DeWolf about Jean)

One other thing struck me too about how Kindred has "looked out" for MJ thus far. Spencer keeps saying we should be asking what Kindred wants rather than who he is. Think about this - what is the absolute worst thing Kindred could do to hurt Peter/Spidey? Answer - Have Pete/Spidey KILL MJ. Wraith has the power to literally make him do that. He had the power to make Jean try and kill Spidey in MTU and maybe make Kingpin kneel. The reason he's protecting MJ is he wants Pete to kill her, no one else.

I guess it's possible that Phillip DeWolf is Kindred as well but two thing might prevent that - As far as I know he is still alive and although Phillip DeWolf controlled Brian's mind, it was Brian who had the actual [I]power [I] that allowed mind control.