Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spider-man 2099 #2 - Spoilers and Discussion

Here goes

spoilers:

Miggy went to the bank, unfortunately it was being robbed so he saves it instead of depositing his check. More development with Miggy's new love interest of sorts, the neighbor whom cleaned the blood last issue. Shes dien. Wonder if Miggy will save her. We are also treated to Liz and Miggy coming to an arrangement. Liz says she thinks hes spider-man and Surpirse, Miggy wants to throw Liz out of a window.... However Miggy does reveal hes Stones grandson from the future who came back in time to save him. Liz buys it and they kiss.
    end of spoilers

I am loving the art and the story has potential. Wish this was coming out more than once a month.

This was pretty good.

The first few pages were a clever take on something we've seen a lot (bank robbery in a superhero comic) while the rest of it got me to care about the women in Miguel's life.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I liked the reveal to Liz.... also I found Miggy's inner monologue funny. "I just tell people the truth. They think im kidding and it works it self out". After saying in 2099 Water is just water.... lol good stuff.

I really enjoyed it. I did a full review with pictures here if anyone is interested.

I think the best part was how heartfelt that last page was and without such strong writing of the characters it would have fallen flat.

I'm not so sure Liz buys it Shaggy. We really don't know what she's thinking after that interchange.

I think the biggest spoiler is that spoilers:
    in the future water is just water. There are no brands!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Nosocialize; 08-13-2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spacing
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

8/10
    The art seems a bit dull though.

this was solid i can get behind miguel/Liz specially since she hasnt been used in forever excluding superior spider-man

Another good issue with solid art and writing.
    >The bank robbery at the beginning added some nice action to an otherwise almost completely talking heads issue.
    >I loved the dream sequence with Liz's defenestration. I love that word, too. Miguel flashing the fangs at the end was a nice touch.
    >Poor Tempest. I hope there's something Miguel or Liz can do for her.
    >Tempest's father wanted a boy. Tempest's cancer affects mostly men. You going somewhere with this, Peter David?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I really enjoyed it. I did a full review with pictures here if anyone is interested.

I think the best part was how heartfelt that last page was and without such strong writing of the characters it would have fallen flat.

I'm not so sure Liz buys it Shaggy. We really don't know what she's thinking after that interchange.

I think the biggest spoiler is that spoilers:
    in the future water is just water. There are no brands!
    end of spoilers
    Lol

and i think she bought it. It was almost 100% true. like 95%, he only lied about being spidey too

Fantastic Member

This was damn good.

Do we know exactly when in the original run Miggy was brought to the present? I assume it would be closer to the end of the series.