Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    Oh, and I actually laughed when Liz got thrown out the window. I'm such a horrible person.
    I loved that scene!
    I like how PAD is handling all the side stuff with Miguel, but the Spider-Man stuff seems really dull right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I loved that scene!
    I like how PAD is handling all the side stuff with Miguel, but the Spider-Man stuff seems really dull right now.
    It's because there is no bad guy at the moment.

BANNED

Great issue

Looking forward to seeing where his goes now.

2099 is back baby!

Although it didn't have much in the way of action, I thought this comic was very good with some excellent, witty dialogue. And nice to see Liz Allan get some much needed development even though spoilers:
    her kissing Miquel after his reveal did seem pretty random.
    end of spoilers And definitely intrigued as to where PAD will take this Tempest character now that Miguel knows about her illness.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    I liked the reveal to Liz.... also I found Miggy's inner monologue funny. "I just tell people the truth. They think im kidding and it works it self out". After saying in 2099 Water is just water.... lol good stuff.
    Same here. Especially whenever it was used to explain his status quo. For example:

TEMPEST: Why do you wear sunglasses indoors?
    MIQUEL (Narration): Spider-Powers make me light sensitive.
    MIQUEL: It's how I look cool.
    TEMPEST: Not working.

Oh, and I actually laughed when Liz got thrown out the window. I'm such a horrible person.
    I'm ashamed to admit I also cracked up as well, especially when the scene cut back to show what really happened.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Uh doesn't Miggy have a girlfriend in 2099?
    Depends when in 2099 he was sent back. He may in fact have a fiancé.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Poor Tempest. I hope there's something Miguel or Liz can do for her.
    The Adjuster in issue 1: "One of the main reasons you need to be removed from this time and place involves things you do with her [Liz]."

Like use Lyla's knowledge banks and Liz's access to chemicals/meds to cure Cancer?
    Last edited by David_99; 08-13-2014 at 06:09 PM.

This issue made me laugh out loud a few times. Especially the window scene. I really enjoy that this book is funny from the outside looking in, instead of being funny because the character tells jokes. Like when Miguel punched the bank robber and said "shut up." It wasn't a funny joke, but if somebody were to see a bank robber nervously blabbing away, then somebody interrupts with a punch, and says, "shut up." It would be a YouTube hit.
    Last edited by Left Hook; 08-13-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    Pull List: Amazing Spider-Man, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Saga, Rocket Girl, Velvet, Afterlife with Archie, Outcast, Alex + Ada, Deadly Class, Spread, Spider-Man 2099, Black Science, TMNT, Batman, Harley Quinn, Five Ghosts, Low, Guardians of the Galaxy, Shutter, Starlord, the Fade Out.

Chopping block: Lazarus, Southern Bastards, Rocket Raccoon, and Starlight.

Spectacular Member

Yes she did. She had been working with Norman from the start. Perhaps still working with him.
    But Liz worked with Norman for the future of his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Left Hook View Post
    This issue made me laugh out loud a few times. Especially the window scene. I really enjoy that this book is funny from the outside looking in, instead of being funny because the character tells jokes. Like when Miguel punched the bank robber and said "shut up." It wasn't a funny joke, but if somebody were to see a bank robber nervously blabbing away, then somebody interrupts with a punch, and says, "shut up." It would be a YouTube hit.
    I agree. There is still humor, but Miguel is much more serious. That in fact, is where some of the humor resides. His matter of fact nature.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

I loved Liz quizzing him about being Michael O'Mara. Do you play guitar for a band called Sleepaway? No. Do you own a book store in the U.K.? Uh, nope.

https://www.google.com/search?q=michael+o+mara

BANNED

I have to wonder...how would Liz handle the true story behind Miguel being a Spider-man from the future ?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletSpider View Post
    I loved Liz quizzing him about being Michael O'Mara. Do you play guitar for a band called Sleepaway? No. Do you own a book store in the U.K.? Uh, nope.

https://www.google.com/search?q=michael+o+mara
    That's cool.

I also think the reason she kissed him is because she now has him in her pocket.

PAD can write up a storm, he's really good. This issue was exactly what I liked about his other runs for other characters, like his Hulk run - the character development. He's making me care about Miguel, Liz and that purple hair lady.

I am loving the art and the story has potential.
    Agreed. Lovely art. And it reads as a decent jumping on to follow a 'new' time stranded character. Not like, say, Cable who is moving around casually and problematically in 'The Present' forever and ever it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This was pretty good.

The first few pages were a clever take on something we've seen a lot (bank robbery in a superhero comic) while the rest of it got me to care about the women in Miguel's life.
    Agreed. I did not want to like this but I did. I have no vested interest in anything 2099 and Miggy's arrival into our era was to convoluted in that SSM arc.

I liked the reveal to Liz.... also I found Miggy's inner monologue funny. "I just tell people the truth. They think im kidding and it works it self out". After saying in 2099 Water is just water.... lol good stuff.
    Agreed. And there were other typical nice touches of PAD humor. Hopefully, X-factor doesn't suffer losing some of it's thoughtful humor touches.
    For me, I thought for a sec he'd suit up and prove he was Spidey2099 instead of just tell her. The dream and the path he took was much better.

Cover was pretty and pretty bland at the same time.
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 08-15-2014 at 07:07 PM. Reason: add link

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

This seems like a comic that will just keep having bland covers. Artsy crotch in your face with dull backgrounds.

I thought this was clearly better than the first issue, in art and pacing. I've very suddenly come to care about Tempest, but I like the interaction with Liz that dominated the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I really enjoyed it. I did a full review with pictures here if anyone is interested.

I think the best part was how heartfelt that last page was and without such strong writing of the characters it would have fallen flat.

I'm not so sure Liz buys it Shaggy. We really don't know what she's thinking after that interchange.

I think the biggest spoiler is that spoilers:
    in the future water is just water. There are no brands!
    end of spoilers
    Lol

and i think she bought it. It was almost 100% true. like 95%, he only lied about being spidey too