Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
Sure we saw Superboy left to his own devices, he had a book with Damian and we certainly saw Superman doing his thing outside of Jon, he's a title character, top tier but not Lois and I'm not talking about having her own book. I mean being used accordingly outside of being Jon's mother and Superman's wife. Lois was tied down by young Jon for the most part (and I love young Jon but I've loved Lois lane longer and would have appreciated seeing more of her since I was already seeing plentiful of the guys). They would break her out for a bit but her role in those books was shockingly minimal and I did not appreciate it.

I will not get into the whole manga thing. I don't read them.
@Ascended said superman books are about Superman. Anyways, lois was used like that because tomasi wasn't focusing on reporting as a whole. He actively didn't focus on it. Was clark a reporter in his run? The answer is no. Lois was doing reporting things outside the panel. Why? Because tomasi didn't want to tell a story about that. Moreover, i doubt tomasi was going to tell a story like that regardless of jon. Jurgens was already on it. Finally , just because a run focused on lois the mom and lois the badass fighter. Doesn't mean others can't have lois being a reporter with a more noir flavour.