Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default WW stand alone cartoons???

Does anybody know if Wonder Woman will be having any stand alone cartoons, animation, or more movies?

I'd like to see a stand alone WW cartoon for sure. Can't seem to find any info on any of these though.

I heard Bloodlines didn't sell very well, so another animated movie in the near future is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I heard Bloodlines didn't sell very well, so another animated movie in the near future is unlikely.
    BLOODLINES came too late and probably should have been released, closer to when the WW film was on the big screen.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    BLOODLINES came too late and probably should have been released, closer to when the WW film was on the big screen.
    I think they intended to release it around the same time as WW1984 but since the movie was delayed it didn't work out.

I mean her first one did well. Despite not selling it still was well received. I mean other DC movies didn't sell well yet still got sequels. So who knows.

All-New Member

I was just curious, as heinously as they've screwed up the live action WW movies, I didn't think they would.
    They don't seem to be able to write for female hero characters.

If WW’84 does well (who knows at this point with how corona has been affecting cinemas) there might be another animated film, though I’d imagine it wouldn’t be until a third movie comes out to tie-in.

Then again, none of these animated movies haven’t been doing the sales numbers they did 10 years ago so maybe they’ll maybe they’ll give it another go.

I mean they might not have the numbers but they still get a lot of high ratings. Not only that but they do get around online. So I do think they still can be important. The only thing now is if WB has them run on their HBO max or the ones that can be run on tv .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Did a majority of the other animated movies do that much better?

Actually there is no Sale for Bloodline. Wiki has the list for all the animated movies so far and Bloodlines isn't there

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Uni...es_performance

Has of now this is how much money range they make

2m to 3mil

this is just 2019

2018 was this

2 to 6
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-05-2020 at 07:09 PM.

I really hope DC Universe or HBO Max develops an animated series for Diana soon.

Story and action and drama-wise, I’d do it like the Young Justice animated series and populate it with as many Amazing Amazon concepts and characters as possible, from all Wonder eras: mythology, Amazon technology, ARGUS, Transformation Island, kangas, Grail, etc.

It should be a universe-tour of all things Wonder and a love letter to Diana and all the many things she is and can and should be.

(This is exactly the kind of project that I fantasize my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee I’m working on for fun would get used for.)

I know Patty was saying there is a large change of an Amazon series.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I really don't get why with the success of Netflix's She-Ra and the popularity of Young Justice (which stars much lesser known characters) we haven't seen a Wonder Woman animated show by now.

I imagine animation being expensive plays a factor, but I doubt it's the only one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I really don't get why with the success of Netflix's She-Ra and the popularity of Young Justice (which stars much lesser known characters) we haven't seen a Wonder Woman animated show by now.

I imagine animation being expensive plays a factor, but I doubt it's the only one.
    Is expense really excuse when we hear about $100 million Green Lantern series and $30 million to finish the Syder Cut, which was a movie the execs didn't deem to complete 3/4 years ago.

There's no reason why a series that would be based on the hugely successful first movie and what I believe would be a hugely successful sequel should not get a budget and animation quality equal to Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

It's because it'd be an action show, and those are usually aimed at boys. She-Ra probably benefited from being on streaming. Cartoon Network wouldn't want a female P-R-O-T-A-G-O-N-I-S-T (had to write it that way, the language filter censors it for some reason! ). Hence why Diana's only been used in team shows.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-07-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman