Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Is expense really excuse when we hear about $100 million Green Lantern series and $30 million to finish the Syder Cut, which was a movie the execs didn't deem to complete 3/4 years ago.

There's no reason why a series that would be based on the hugely successful first movie and what I believe would be a hugely successful sequel should not get a budget and animation quality equal to Harley Quinn.
    It really shouldn't be an excuse, especially when we remember those examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's because it'd be an action show, and those are usually aimed at boys. She-Ra probably benefited from being on streaming. Cartoon Network wouldn't want a female P-R-O-T-A-G-O-N-I-S-T (had to write it that way, the language filter censors it for some reason! ). Hence why Diana's only been used in team shows.
    Which is really stupid when (among other things) we remember that Sailor Moon and Legend of Korra were things.

And I don't get the language filer things either. **********t. Why is it doing that?

I mean, they have DC Universe which is the perfect platform to bring on a Wonder Woman series. Harley Quinn has been very successful there. And I subbed for a month but ran out of stuff to watch VERY quickly. The service desperately needs new content and WW is a perfect fit to give a ten episode "test the waters" cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean, they have DC Universe which is the perfect platform to bring on a Wonder Woman series. Harley Quinn has been very successful there. And I subbed for a month but ran out of stuff to watch VERY quickly. The service desperately needs new content and WW is a perfect fit to give a ten episode "test the waters" cartoon.
    A Wonder Woman cartoon would actually get me to sign up for it.

There's a lot of great old content there, but the problem is people have probably owned a great deal of that already.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It really shouldn't be an excuse, especially when we remember those examples.

Which is really stupid when (among other things) we remember that Sailor Moon and Legend of Korra were things.

And I don't get the language filer things either. **********t. Why is it doing that?
    Korra is a good example of why cable channels should not be the target avenues for action shows anymore. Nick pretty much sabotaged the show when they discovered it was trending to female and to old. Modern cable cartoon channels are aimed at much younger kids nowerdays then they were even 10-15 years ago. The best bet for a WW show would be streaming, but most of DC's streaming stuff seems to be trending more towards the 18-24 age demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I heard Bloodlines didn't sell very well, so another animated movie in the near future is unlikely.

Bloodlines wasn't that good though. Don't get me wrong, the story is great and accolades for including so many villains, but Diana herself was a drip.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Bloodlines wasn't that good though. Don't get me wrong, the story is great and accolades for including so many villains, but Diana herself was a drip.
    Really? I completely disagree with this comment. I LOVE Diana in this film. I thought she had a great mixture of confidence, no-nonsense, humor, and even a bit of sass. I also liked how they gave her a realistic amount of vulnerability about not quite fitting into Man's World. My favorite line from the movie is when Diana says that being different isn't rewarded in this world (that's not a direct quote), and Steve responds with, "It is to the right people." To me, that sums of Diana's mission so beautifully, and it explains why she is an icon to not only women but to the LGBT or anyone who is navigating their life outside the "norm" of society.

Peope keep saying Bloodlines didn't sell well, but I think once WW 84 finally releases, we will see a renewed focus on selling the film to audiences. WB did this with the almost decade old first Wonder Woman, and that seemed to do pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Really? I completely disagree with this comment. I LOVE Diana in this film. I thought she had a great mixture of confidence, no-nonsense, humor, and even a bit of sass. I also liked how they gave her a realistic amount of vulnerability about not quite fitting into Man's World. My favorite line from the movie is when Diana says that being different isn't rewarded in this world (that's not a direct quote), and Steve responds with, "It is to the right people." To me, that sums of Diana's mission so beautifully, and it explains why she is an icon to not only women but to the LGBT or anyone who is navigating their life outside the "norm" of society.

Peope keep saying Bloodlines didn't sell well, but I think once WW 84 finally releases, we will see a renewed focus on selling the film to audiences. WB did this with the almost decade old first Wonder Woman, and that seemed to do pretty well.
    Yeah, Diana herself was fine. Much better than her 2009 DTV (Steve and Etta as well). Cramming everything into a short runtime didn't do well for other characters, and it was like 4-5 different arcs from the comics fused into one. Apparently it was originally going to be about Diana and Cheetah, but they switched it to Silver Swan to mix things up and avoid comparisons to WW84, but the end result is Cheetah is a generic mook and Julia gets killed off. And without the longer history of the comics, Vanessa is just a generic angsty teen. Plus the characterization of the Amazons left much to be desired.

I thought Bloodlines was decent in a Hush (the comic) sort of way of going through a villains gauntlet and other notable moments from her publication history even if it was rather crammed altogether.

Okay if we had to pick the new Wonder Woman movie which storyline would you want to see?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, Diana herself was fine. Much better than her 2009 DTV (Steve and Etta as well). Cramming everything into a short runtime didn't do well for other characters, and it was like 4-5 different arcs from the comics fused into one. Apparently it was originally going to be about Diana and Cheetah, but they switched it to Silver Swan to mix things up and avoid comparisons to WW84, but the end result is Cheetah is a generic mook and Julia gets killed off. And without the longer history of the comics, Vanessa is just a generic angsty teen. Plus the characterization of the Amazons left much to be desired.
    Had Cheetah and Silver Swan swapped roles (with tweaking of course, cut the Kapatelises and focus on Barbara Ann as Year One did), the movie would've been much better. But I'm still irritated how Doctor Cyber and Poison were wasted in favor of a surprise villain.

Keep in mind that right now is probably the least-invested that WB has been in producing TV series cartoons based on DC heroes. A WW series is overdue, but right now, I think this is the least fans have been served since the late 80s.

As for Bloodlines, I don't think it sold that poorly. On the-numbers.com, you'd see its BluRay sales figures aren't that bad compared to some of the recent titles. Maybe the digital sales tell a different story, but next to other recent movies, it only looks bad next to Death of Superman and Hush. I wasn't a fan of Bloodlines and I tend to think there were a few reasons why it didn't sell well, but the #1 reason was that it wasn't that good of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Okay if we had to pick the new Wonder Woman movie which storyline would you want to see?
    Probably League of One or Gods of Gotham.

If Adam West were still alive, I'd have liked to have seen adaptation of Batman '66 meets Wonder Woman '77.

Had Cheetah and Silver Swan swapped roles (with tweaking of course, cut the Kapatelises and focus on Barbara Ann as Year One did), the movie would've been much better. But I'm still irritated how Doctor Cyber and Poison were wasted in favor of a surprise villain.
    Yeah it was like they took 4-5 different Greg Rucka arcs and through them into a blender, without the room to let them breathe.

Year One
    The Lies/the Truth/Godwatch
    Vanessa as Silver Swan
    Medusa

All of those would make good movies on their own or arcs in a tv series. Together they just overpower each other. And yeah, while Medusa was a cool surprise, losing Cyber in particular for her is a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Korra is a good example of why cable channels should not be the target avenues for action shows anymore. Nick pretty much sabotaged the show when they discovered it was trending to female and to old. Modern cable cartoon channels are aimed at much younger kids nowerdays then they were even 10-15 years ago. The best bet for a WW show would be streaming, but most of DC's streaming stuff seems to be trending more towards the 18-24 age demographic.
    They should've expected that. Female lead attracts girls, and the older viewers are probably fans carried over from Legend of Aang/Last Airbender.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I hear (or actually read, lol) what you and Seige are saying; however, I respectfully disagree. For me, Cheetah is about to get a moment in the sun quite soon. In Wonder Woman 84, Cheetah/Barbara Ann will be portrayed by a Golden Globe, Emmy, and Screen Actor's Guild nominated actress. Clothing, flip flops, Lego sets, makeup, and Funko Pop merchandising has already been released for the Cheetah character. If Wonder Woman releases in August as planned, I wouldn't be surprised if Cheetah makeup tutorials are hugely popular on Youtube (similar to Harley Quinn and to a much lesser extent Wonder Woman makeup tutorials) for the upcoming Halloween. Cheetah is about to be reintroduced to mainstream audiences in a way that Silver Swan may never get the opportunity.

That being said, I agree with the producers' (or whoever) decision to give a lesser-known character a chance to have the spotlight. We are all bemoaning the lack of Wonder Woman media, so if Silver Swan wasn't introduced in Bloodlines, realistically, when would she get the opportunity to grow an audience?

That being said, while I agree that there are a lot of plotpoints in Bloodlines, and I hated how Drs. Poison and Cyber were killed off at the end; it also seems that that particular universe is rebooting after Apokolips War, so I hope we get to see them in whatever animated movie or series Wonder Woman gets next.