Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Wink Marvel movies or dc movies?

I've been watching some hero movies of recent and i noticed two best`selling movies which compromise between DC & MARVEL MOVIES--my best marvel movies are captain marvel, infinity war and avengers while my best dc movies are shazam, justice league and harley quinn-so i've been thinking, between dc and marvel movies which do you love more?

Pretty sure you can find a zillion already existing threads like that my friend.

Now here is the important question : do we really need one more?

MCU movies are more consistent quality-wise.

But honestly I prefer the DC animated films over either the MCU or DCEU live action ones.

DC's animated movies are my preference. I rewatch those more than Marvel's or DC's live action films.

If I had to pick live action? Probably still DC just for The Dark Knight and JOKER.

Both have some good movies. Both have some bad movies.

Comic wise I definitely prefer Marvel and the X-men more specifically. Movie wise though I just want competent entertaining movies regardless of which company it is and to stop ruining classic comic book stories (I'm looking at you X-men movies and how you screwed up the Dark Phoenix story twice).

I am more of a DC fan then Marvel. If we take MCU and DCEU i would prefer MCU. They are very consistent. Captain Marvel was the first movie where i was bored, and most people seem to like the movie. You have the Avengers films, Captain America films: especially the last two. Ragnarok. This is a fantastic series of films. DCEU has some really good entries. Shazam!, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Joker. But i find DCEU films more weaker overall.

If we take all DC movies and Marvel, i still think Marvel films are better. For DC you have Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. Donner's Superman, Burton's Batman. From Marvel side you have Raimi's Spider-man and X-Men series plus Into The Spider-verse. I enjoy Marvel films more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlz View Post
    I've been watching some hero movies of recent and i noticed two best`selling movies which compromise between DC & MARVEL MOVIES--my best marvel movies are captain marvel, infinity war and avengers while my best dc movies are shazam, justice league and harley quinn-so i've been thinking, between dc and marvel movies which do you love more?
    I read this before but just realized it's open-ended. It's not just MCU vs. DCEU but all Marvel and DC movies. So this is everything from the Chris Reeve Superman movies to the Tobey McGuire Spider-Man. I'd go with Marvel because it includes those first two Spider-Man movies.

If you did mean just MCU vs DCEU, still Marvel if I could only watch one set ever again. They are just more enjoyable.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

DC is the best, because it’s not silly with adolescent oneliners
    Last edited by luprki; 06-07-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Each have had their good and bad I like having both. That said, when Marvel does it good, they do it better and they have some of the very best of all time.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

While I've enjoyed most of the Marvel movies I've seen, I find them mostly forgettable. I don't think I've ever felt the need to go back and re-watch any of them. They are just kind of....there.

Dc movies may be more of a mixed bag but I actually want to go back and re-watch them often. So I'll take Dc movies over Marvel almost anyday.

The Marvel movies in my opinion are entertaining to watch once but I find them kind of vapid.

DC/DCEU is where my heart and deluxe steelbook money is; I do have all three universes (DCEU; MCU; ...XmenCU(?) ) in my bluray collection though and generally like them all.

I think that the path of development of 'DC' and should have been towards greater gloom, realism, drama and noir plots. For this, many loved them. And they decided to chase 'Marvel' in their field of entertainment, humor and mass character, while losing some of the traditional fans and not getting new ones.
    Marvel is better

I just like DC characters more and am not interested in Marvel. Don't really like Marvel in general. So no matter how good a Marvel movie is, if I am not interested in the character I have no interest in watching
    a movie about said character. OTOH making a bad movie about a character I like also tends it tick me off. But really about the only DC movies that fits that category are Catwoman, Man of Steel, and
    Batman v Superman. Even so called bad DC movies like Green Lantern and Jonah Hex I sort of enjoyed.

My favorite is the MCU all the way. I’m a pretty big Marvel fan, so there is most likely some bias in there. But even movies that I might deem “bad” I still enjoyed in theaters. With the DCEU the only movies I liked were Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aqua Man. Just my $.02
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

Not all DC films are disposable products. I like DC for that better.