Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 36 DC Current Titles.

Just doing some research on DC's current List of Comics.and should DC should be dpoing another Reboot or Rebranding their current Line I notice that it's all Basically Justice League Based.we have 5 female Ongoing

Batgirl.Catwoman.Harley Quinn.Supergirl.Wonder Woman and 14 Male Ongoings Action Comic.Aquaman.Batman.Batman and Superman.Batman Beyound.Detective Comic.Flash.Green Lantern.Hawkman.John Conmstantine Hellblazer. Lucifer.Shazam.Superman

11 Teams Batman and the Outsiders.Doom Patrol.Justice League.JLD.JLO.Legion of Super Heroes.Red hood Outlaws.Suicide Squad.Teen Titans.Terrifics.and Young Justice

and these 6 Books of Magic.the Dreaming.House of Whispers.Looney toons.Mad Magazine.and Scooby Doo.ok and that being said.most of the solo Men and Women have connections to the Justice League.i feel that DC needs to expand their arsenal also I don't see and Books of Color no Blue Beetle.Vixen.John Stewart Green Lantern.Steel=John or Natasha.Herald and the Bumblebee since Mal was DC's 1st Black Heroe.and as far as their current line there are other heroe's out there that people Love beside's Batman he has 10 books from his side of the Family.i know we tried the New 52 and Rebirth but can we get a New Titans.Justice Society.Infinity Inc.Gen 13.Shadow Cabinet.New Gods.Omega Men.S.T.A.R.Corps.W.I.L.D.Cats just to name a few Teams and as far as Solo's Black Canary.The Huntress.Vixen.Empress.Dawnstar.Isis.Wildcat.Troia .Nubia.Dr Light.Liberty Belle.Mera.Fire and Ice.Black Alice.Manitou Dawn for Women and Black Lightning.Hourman.Dr Fate.Jakeem Thunder.Timber Wolf.Cosmic Boy.Icon.Firestorm.the Herald.Geo Force.Captain Comet.Beast Boy I like to think outside the box we've been feed the same thing for so long that it become's normal their's nothing wrong w being a little different.i can't speak for everyone else there was a time I spent at least 70 to 80 buck's a month on comics just DC cause i'm not a Marvel fan at all.now i'm bout to be down to $9.00 bucks since Batman and the Outsiders about to be cancelled now i'm down to Justice League and Young Justice thinking about giving Wonder Woman a new try but i'ma wait to see how Donna Troy's character is treated so far i'm not impressed well that's my rant.

Astonishing Member

Death Metal is most likely going to be a massive retool.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I get Batman (new) Adventures.
    that's it. that's all.
    very sad situation. But DC is not publishing anything that interests me.
    the Joe Hill books, the DC/Black Label titles, were too few captivating, too many over-long (as a 'series') and under-whelming.
    Can't say much better for Marvel (heh--down to three titles there...)
    But I AM enjoying Palmiotti/Gray's PowerGirl and Jonah Hex, again--!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I get Batman (new) Adventures.
    that's it. that's all.
    very sad situation. But DC is not publishing anything that interests me.
    the Joe Hill books, the DC/Black Label titles, were too few captivating, too many over-long (as a 'series') and under-whelming.
    Can't say much better for Marvel (heh--down to three titles there...)
    But I AM enjoying Palmiotti/Gray's PowerGirl and Jonah Hex, again--!
    How can you know that the 36 other titles are not overwhelming if you haven't read them ?

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Just doing some research on DC's current List of Comics.and should DC should be dpoing another Reboot or Rebranding their current Line I notice that it's all Basically Justice League Based.we have 5 female Ongoing

Batgirl.Catwoman.Harley Quinn.Supergirl.Wonder Woman and 14 Male Ongoings Action Comic.Aquaman.Batman.Batman and Superman.Batman Beyound.Detective Comic.Flash.Green Lantern.Hawkman.John Conmstantine Hellblazer. Lucifer.Shazam.Superman

11 Teams Batman and the Outsiders.Doom Patrol.Justice League.JLD.JLO.Legion of Super Heroes.Red hood Outlaws.Suicide Squad.Teen Titans.Terrifics.and Young Justice

and these 6 Books of Magic.the Dreaming.House of Whispers.Looney toons.Mad Magazine.and Scooby Doo.ok and that being said.most of the solo Men and Women have connections to the Justice League.i feel that DC needs to expand their arsenal also I don't see and Books of Color no Blue Beetle.Vixen.John Stewart Green Lantern.Steel=John or Natasha.Herald and the Bumblebee since Mal was DC's 1st Black Heroe.and as far as their current line there are other heroe's out there that people Love beside's Batman he has 10 books from his side of the Family.i know we tried the New 52 and Rebirth but can we get a New Titans.Justice Society.Infinity Inc.Gen 13.Shadow Cabinet.New Gods.Omega Men.S.T.A.R.Corps.W.I.L.D.Cats just to name a few Teams and as far as Solo's Black Canary.The Huntress.Vixen.Empress.Dawnstar.Isis.Wildcat.Troia .Nubia.Dr Light.Liberty Belle.Mera.Fire and Ice.Black Alice.Manitou Dawn for Women and Black Lightning.Hourman.Dr Fate.Jakeem Thunder.Timber Wolf.Cosmic Boy.Icon.Firestorm.the Herald.Geo Force.Captain Comet.Beast Boy I like to think outside the box we've been feed the same thing for so long that it become's normal their's nothing wrong w being a little different.i can't speak for everyone else there was a time I spent at least 70 to 80 buck's a month on comics just DC cause i'm not a Marvel fan at all.now i'm bout to be down to $9.00 bucks since Batman and the Outsiders about to be cancelled now i'm down to Justice League and Young Justice thinking about giving Wonder Woman a new try but i'ma wait to see how Donna Troy's character is treated so far i'm not impressed well that's my rant.
    Harley Quinn is ending, Supergirl is over, Batgirl is ending, Green Lantern is currently a miniseries, Lucifer is ending, Shazam is ending, Batman and the Outsiders is ending, Doom Patrol is over, JLO is ending, Terrifics is over, Dreaming is a miniseries, and House of Whispers is ending. Just FYI.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Harley Quinn is ending, Supergirl is over, Batgirl is ending, Green Lantern is currently a miniseries, Lucifer is ending, Shazam is ending, Batman and the Outsiders is ending, Doom Patrol is over, JLO is ending, Terrifics is over, Dreaming is a miniseries, and House of Whispers is ending. Just FYI.
    That’s a lot of books ending. Either we’re getting a new reboot/relaunch or AT&T is slowing doing away with DC

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    That’s a lot of books ending. Either we’re getting a new reboot/relaunch or AT&T is slowing doing away with DC
    Well there is going to be something after Death Metal.
    And 36 books is too much.

BANNED

Shrinking the line down and relaunches later.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

ah well, jb681131, I read the solicitations and nothing I've read in the past many months has seemed even interesting, let alone overwhelming; and reading what others post in DC forums, the titles people do like, few of their comments change my mind.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Death Metal is most likely going to be a massive retool.
    It pretty much has to be leading into a linewide relaunch. A bunch of ongoings are ending, sales are weak across the board, and Snyder will be stepping back from guiding the line. That means DC needs to put people on their books to help drive the line in a new direction, and of course with Lee in sole command of DC I expect to see more Wildstorm characters reappearing. Especially now that Ellis’ reboot is done and Ellis’ himself has been exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It pretty much has to be leading into a linewide relaunch. A bunch of ongoings are ending, sales are weak across the board, and Snyder will be stepping back from guiding the line. That means DC needs to put people on their books to help drive the line in a new direction, and of course with Lee in sole command of DC I expect to see more Wildstorm characters reappearing. Especially now that Ellis’ reboot is done and Ellis’ himself has been exposed.
    The main question, and what a lot hangs on, if what direction will the comics go in? Early Rebirth, and part way through some of them at least, a lot of the books had a more uplifting feel to them. Barring Justice League. Then there was a major tonal shift (beginning with Heroes in Crisis and Bendis coming in), which has led to where things are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The main question, and what a lot hangs on, if what direction will the comics go in? Early Rebirth, and part way through some of them at least, a lot of the books had a more uplifting feel to them. Barring Justice League. Then there was a major tonal shift (beginning with Heroes in Crisis and Bendis coming in), which has led to where things are now.
    Hot take but I’ve read good “dark” stories and I’ve read crappy “upbeat” stories. Simply making the line lighter doesn’t guarantee higher quality. What DC needs frankly is new creators coming in. They’ve been using the same handful of guys on all the major books for years now, and it’s led to the storytelling becoming stale. Of course the stupid editorial mandates also played a role, and I don’t know how much things will improve with Bob Harras still Editor in Chief, but maybe with Didio gone someone can come along and reinvent the Titans into something not terrible. Because Rebirth Titans sucked and that was one of the lighter titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hot take but I’ve read good “dark” stories and I’ve read crappy “upbeat” stories. Simply making the line lighter doesn’t guarantee higher quality. What DC needs frankly is new creators coming in. They’ve been using the same handful of guys on all the major books for years now, and it’s led to the storytelling becoming stale. Of course the stupid editorial mandates also played a role, and I don’t know how much things will improve with Bob Harras still Editor in Chief, but maybe with Didio gone someone can come along and reinvent the Titans into something not terrible. Because Rebirth Titans sucked and that was one of the lighter titles.
    "led to the storytelling becoming stale" - We haven't read the same things at all ! - Yeas few titles might be (Titans, Harley Quinn, ...) and some might have been for a little while (Superman, Justice League, ...), but for the most part no no no.

"Simply making the line lighter" - do you really thing that the line is lighter now ??

"What DC needs frankly is new creators coming in" - They have lots of new talents ! - But I guess you don't know because they are not overwhelming enough for you to notice maybe.

"They’ve been using the same handful of guys on all the major books for years now" - I agree for Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison, but they've always donne great jobs. Sure others have been used often too, but I can't really say in the current writting teams who's been there too long ?

"Of course the stupid editorial mandates also played a role" - That's probably the main blame !

"Because Rebirth Titans sucked" - wait, does that mean before it didn't already suck ?

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Yeah, no, AT&T isn't ditching DC. This is just business as usual, but amplified due to COVID. Doom Patrol is part of a pop-up imprint, Harley is getting a relaunch, JLO is ending because the story's winding down, etc. A post-Metal relaunch is impending.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

I think I agree that I wish there were more stand alone character monthly books that aren't Batman or Superman related. The DCU is full of great characters, that unfortunately you have to read the team books just so you'll see them (Mr. Terrific, Plastic Man, Zatanna, etc).

Unfortunately, the sales figures don't justify the titles it looks like. Titles featuring "B list" DC characters just don't sell and struggle to move 15-20,000 issues per month. Add Covid to the mix and there's no reason for DC to branch out right now, they'll gonna put out what will move off the shelves. To places that even allow comic shops to be open.