View Poll Results: How would you rate DCAU Superman on a scale of 1-5?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

3 6.67%
  • 2/5

3 6.67%
  • 3/5

27 60.00%
  • 4/5

10 22.22%
  • 5/5

2 4.44%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hate that he’s very boring and one-note sure. There’s more to being human than scowling all the time bud. They did it with Batman but dropped the ball with Superman.
    The creative atleast came to realise what mistakes they were doing. Wally calls clark, batman.

But, then again these two aren't that different. People just want them to be.Ofcourse, clark should be collecting evidence and punching.As for wally's granny flash, she is overrated and no excuse for sitting still. Man of action is always on his toes.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-18-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Fantastic Member

I voted 3/5, but it's probably closer to 2.5/5.

STAS Superman is pretty dull. Way too powered down, to the point where sometimes Superman comes off as a wuss. I didn't like how Clark friendzoned Lana. When Tim Daly is given something interesting to do, he can knock it out of the part, but those times are rare. Overall, Lois, Lex, Darkseid, and Brainiac are all far more iconic characters/performances.

JL Season 1 Superman....sigh.

JL Season 2 Superman is probably the best DCAU Superman gets. He actually stands up to Batman a little bit. He can actually throw down with Darkseid. He proves how great he can be even without powers.

JLU Superman is decent. He gets some great fight scenes and is pretty much the protagonist of the storyarc in the series.

Overall, he's nowhere near as definitive as DCAU Batman, and I wish they'd make a Superman cartoon with someone who loves Superman as much as Bruce Timm clearly loves Batman.

BANNED

All said and done, it's the best adaptation of Superman since Donner's Superman I.

And the best animated rendition of Superman since the Fleischer cartoons.

The voice actors both Daly and Newbern as Clark, Dana Delany as Lois (who I think everyone agrees is *the* voice of Lois), Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor is hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    I voted 3/5, but it's probably closer to 2.5/5.

STAS Superman is pretty dull. Way too powered down, to the point where sometimes Superman comes off as a wuss. I didn't like how Clark friendzoned Lana. When Tim Daly is given something interesting to do, he can knock it out of the part, but those times are rare. Overall, Lois, Lex, Darkseid, and Brainiac are all far more iconic characters/performances.

JL Season 1 Superman....sigh.

JL Season 2 Superman is probably the best DCAU Superman gets. He actually stands up to Batman a little bit. He can actually throw down with Darkseid. He proves how great he can be even without powers.

JLU Superman is decent. He gets some great fight scenes and is pretty much the protagonist of the storyarc in the series.

Overall, he's nowhere near as definitive as DCAU Batman, and I wish they'd make a Superman cartoon with someone who loves Superman as much as Bruce Timm clearly loves Batman.
    They seemed to have an easier time writing Characters without powers being capable then ones with Powers, Just look at Hereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    They seemed to have an easier time writing Characters without powers being capable then ones with Powers, Just look at Hereafter.
    Damn, that's true isn't it? They never wrote Superman better on that show than when he didn't have any powers at all.

That's a shame.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

I seem to be the only one that though that TAS Superman was at a good power level.

2/5.

Too weak, too dumb, too boring.

However, it was a very cohesive world around him ... while him still being the least interesting person featured on it.

Always in the shadow of the transcendent B:TAS and paling in comparison.