Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I was hoping to keep it to recorded human history. There were even bigger problems than even the one you listed. Something called The Great Dying, or the Permian Extinction event 252 million years ago. By the time that was over 70% of all land species were extinct, and a mind boggling 96% of all aquatic species. It makes the asteroid impact look tame.
    Yes, it seems that the Permian-Triassic Extinction was caused by an asteroid six times greater than the one which killed also the not avian dinosaurs during the Cretaceous-Paleogene Extintion and an extremely intense volcanic activity that separated almost entirely the northern and the southern Pangea; when you say: «The fortune is blind, but the bad luck sees very well; also in the dark.»

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    There was that year that the Eagles won the Super Bowl...
    Still salty about that one are we?

Extraordinary Member

In my lifetime sure. A pandemic shutting the country down would have been a major thing and propped this up no matter what. However we had a recession, the most sustained race based protests since the Civil Rights movement, the president attacking protestors,...of and we still have an election

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

We're not even close to 1918 levels, and don't seem to be on that track. By comparison, things are actually pretty chill.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

In my lifetime this might be the champ thus far. But it still hasn't gotten to 1968 levels insofar as recent history.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I was hoping to keep it to recorded human history. There were even bigger problems than even the one you listed. Something called The Great Dying, or the Permian Extinction event 252 million years ago. By the time that was over 70% of all land species were extinct, and a mind boggling 96% of all aquatic species. It makes the asteroid impact look tame.
    It was mindblowing to learn about that, to consider how radically different the world may have been before that.

Although technically, the consensus is that it lasted much longer than an year.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Santa cried a little that day.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It was mindblowing to learn about that, to consider how radically different the world may have been before that.

Although technically, the consensus is that it lasted much longer than an year.
    Estimates are that the eruption of the Siberian traps lasted for up to two million years alone.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Even their own fans rioted.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Well, the year is still young.

Maybe Trump is going to start a war with Mars cause reasons, some new nuclear plant catastrophe coud happen and maybe the whole of Argentina down to the last padre is going to convert to Buddhism, now that would be a wtf moment.