Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Missing Marvel Launches

Hey all,

I know this may be kind of redundant, but I wanted to highlight a few of the missing Marvel launches from their released solicits. Some of these may stay in print, others may go digital. I'm curious to see which you'll see!

EVENTS

"THE DARKHOLD" - Scarlet Witch event that was supposed to start in June; limited series starting with "Alpha" ending with "Omega". Focused on various magic characters teaming with Wanda to explore the Darkhold.

"INFINITE DESTINES" - Annual Event across several annuals; included the new hosts of the Infinity Stones meshing with the Marvel Heroes; also included a side-stody called "Super Spy vs. Super Spy" where Nick Fury, Agent of Nothing, faced Phil Coulson, Agent of Mephisto.

"OUTLAWED" - The initial one-shot has been released but subsequent tie-ins are on pause; included "Champions", "New Warriors", "Power Pack", "Magnificent Ms. Marvel", "Ghost-Spider", and "Miles Morales: Spider-Man". All except MM are missing in print or digital (GS is now digital only); focused on the teen heroes being outlawed by the government.

NEW SERIES
    (Includes new ongoings, mini series, and one-shots not yet given a new date)

The Marvels
    Silk
    Non-Stop Spider-Man
    Shang-Chi
    Juggernaut
    Children of the Atom
    America Chavez: Made in the USA
    W.E.B. of Spider-Man
    Black Widow
    Taskmaster
    Black Widow: Widow's Sting
    Widowmakers: Red Guardian and Yelena Belova
    The Punisher vs Barracuda
    Werewolf by Night
    The Union
    Marvel Zombies: Resurrection
    How to Read Comics the Marvel Way
    Champions
    New Warriors
    Power Pack
    The Darkhold: Alpha
    Empyre: Spider-Man
    Empyre: Thor
    Empyre: Ghost Rider
    Empyre: the Invasion of Wakanda
    Empyre: Stormranger
    Empyre: Squadron Supreme
    X-Men: Marvels Snapshots
    Avengers: Marvels Snapshots
    Spider-Man: Marvels Snapshots
    Captain Marvel: Marvels Snapshots
    Civil War: Marvels Snapshots
    Web of Venom: Wraith
    Immortal Hulk: The Threshing Place

I didn't include current series because I know y'all know the list. This list is by no means comprehensive.
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 06-04-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I was really excited for the Shang Chi series, hopefully it’ll be announced soon.

That's a lotta books...

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

There's definitely a few there I was interested in, but most of them are probably being delayed until the market stabilizes somewhat which isn't a bad thing. There's gonna be some titles dropped entirely, and more than a few will go digital. Most can be sat upon more or less indefinitely, and the Black Widow stuff just needs to come out in a window around the movie's new release date.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Makes you wonder if Marvel is taking a serious look at all these titles and wondering if they need to thin it down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Makes you wonder if Marvel is taking a serious look at all these titles and wondering if they need to thin it down.
    Then they shouldn't have greenlighted them.

Some of those books have been listed and preorders have been made. With some folks having already paid for those books.

I don't care how many folks prayed to Satan over that Warriors books-but folks have paid for that first issue in stores and even on Ebay. I doubt those stores owners want to refund money.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's a lotta books...
    Yeah, there's over 180 individual issues in the April, May and June solicits that haven't been rescheduled. I did a count of them in another thread, basing it on the Marvel Database (Fandom) category page called COVID Delay.

Confirmed news so far:

Black Widow, Taskmaster, Widowmakers, and Widow's Sting are all probably now due in November - they were delayed because the Black Widow movie was.

Some of the Empyre tie-ins not already rescheduled have been cancelled. Though we don't know if it's all of them - digital first from July is still a possibility at this point.

The Darkhold TPB is scheduled for December to tie-in with the WandaVision Disney+ series. They'll probably end up double shipping this from September (it has seven issues) so the TPB can still be released on time.

Speculation:

Ghost-Spider is digital only, as is 2020 Ironheart. Both of these are Outlawed tie-ins, as is Miles Morales #17 out next week. I'll be surprised if Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales and Champions aren't going digital as well, from July. I think that issue of Miles only made it to print because it was originally due out on April 1st. The fact issue #18 hasn't yet been resolicited is something we have to take into account when guessing what they're planning. If it's not going digital, it'll be a three month gap between issues for Miles (it's two months for most books) and at least five months for Champions and Kamala's solo.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-04-2020 at 09:18 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    INFINITE DESTINES" - Annual Event across several annuals; included the new hosts of the Infinity Stones meshing with the Marvel Heroes; also included a side-stody called "Super Spy vs. Super Spy" where Nick Fury, Agwnt of Nothing, faced Phil Coulson, Agent of Mephisto.
    Ugh...Why can't Marvel just figure out a way to bring back the Nick Fury from the Ultimate Universe and then bring him over to the main universe like they did for Miles? It's such an obvious fix.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Ugh...Why can't Marvel just figure out a way to bring back the Nick Fury from the Ultimate Universe and then bring him over to the main universe like they did for Miles? It's such an obvious fix.
    It was an obvious fix, but now Nick Fury Jr. is so ingrained in the main Marvel Universe that it would be awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Then they shouldn't have greenlighted them.

Some of those books have been listed and preorders have been made. With some folks having already paid for those books.

I don't care how many folks prayed to Satan over that Warriors books-but folks have paid for that first issue in stores and even on Ebay. I doubt those stores owners want to refund money.
    I don't know if Marvel shouldn't have greenlit them; no one could have predicted the whirlwind of COVID-19, so they had no clue it would hit comics this hard.

That's a lotta books...
    It is! I was surprised at the list just by how many #1's and new series were supposed to launch. I didn't even include the Infinitr Destinies annuals, which adds like 8 or so issues.

It was an obvious fix, but now Nick Fury Jr. is so ingrained in the main Marvel Universe that it would be awkward.
    Is he, though? He feels pretty irrelevant most of the time and only makes very sporadic guest appearances. I sometimes forget he exists half the time.

Is he, though? He feels pretty irrelevant most of the time and only makes very sporadic guest appearances. I sometimes forget he exists half the time.
    I guess when I think ingrained, I meant he shows up often enough without reference to his father. And Sr. hasn't shown up at all since his new role as the Unseen.

Lmao no, no he isn't. He really isn't. He is just the current/least liked Nick Fury. He is not ingrained into anything. You can replace him tomorrow with Ultimate Nick and no one would blink.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Lmao no, no he isn't. He really isn't. He is just the current/least liked Nick Fury. He is not ingrained into anything. You can replace him tomorrow with Ultimate Nick and no one would blink.
    No need to be a jerk. I answered this one from Frontier saying that he's at least referred to more often than his father.