Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

There's no excuse John can't get a solo comic anymore. I don't want to hear any more arguments on this. If Marvel can give every Spidey character a solo title and have them go on for multiple years then DC can exactly do the same.

As for the whole GL franchise, I have no idea. I am, however, tired of the main alien characters getting shoved in the back. Arisia, Kilowag, Iolande, Salaak, and Ganthet have contributed greatly that they should always be in the main group of a GL cast. The human only focus is boring.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    There's no excuse John can't get a solo comic anymore. I don't want to hear any more arguments on this. If Marvel can give every Spidey character a solo title and have them go on for multiple years then DC can exactly do the same.

As for the whole GL franchise, I have no idea. I am, however, tired of the main alien characters getting shoved in the back. Arisia, Kilowag, Iolande, Salaak, and Ganthet have contributed greatly that they should always be in the main group of a GL cast. The human only focus is boring.
    I am down for this. I’d love to see a GL: Mosaic book again. I’d love to see Coates and Acuna would be so good.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

Hal gets back with the League and Coast City.

A book that's centered on Coast City where Hal gets to team up with Star Sapphire, Airwave (Hal's nephew), and other Coast City heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

A book that's centered on Coast City where Hal gets to team up with Star Sapphire, Airwave (Hal's nephew), and other Coast City heroes.
    this is more in line w. what i'd like to see, so heck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    In an ideal world, I think that would be the best solution, but I think writers like to have a more locked in cast of characters they can play with and develop.
    Yeah, I don’t think writers would actually go for it but I think it’d be a decent solution to everyone wanting their preferred GL on the team.

BANNED

Well, DC has been cutting back its comic output, so I would be pretty surprised if it released a John Stewart solo book in the foreseeable future. Well, they may try a digital only comic, but for some reason, I get a feeling that DC wouldn't take digital comics seriously and would put out something half baked.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

i would like to see coast city get more fleshed out. gotham has tons of heroes and villains, so does metropolis. coast city probably has some notable heroes and villains besides hal and his rogues.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I'd like something of the approach that we saw in the beginning of Morrison's run. Entire planets that were like a genre unto themselves. Have Hal be featured in everything ranging from sci-fi noir to horror stories. I'd also like to delve more into bittersweet nature of the character. His desire to be constantly on the move, have new experiences, meet friends across the galaxies and how that kind of impacts his friendship with his Earth-bound cast. Can they even relate to him? Does that bother him -- the desire to be there for his friends (we know how upset Hal was when he discovered Ollie had died during his time as Parallax) and simultaneously his desire to live life as an adventure in the fullest sense. There is an interesting tension there I think that should be explored more, but not in the condescending sense that Hal is too "immature" or a "jock" or whatever that we got in later parts of Johns' or Venditti's runs. It's almost as if he has a higher more cosmic sense of belonging and ethics and that puts him at odds with Earth-based ethics around what it means to live. There's a lot of humanity as well as alienness in Hal. I think Morrison's done some great work in this respect and I'd like to see this being developed more. Also, please more couch-surfing Hal! And please give him another companion like Itty (Morrison's already done that with the uh... bird things but I'm not sure if they will be sticking around).

I don't really care about the "franchise" other than Hal so that's it for me.

Admittedly I think the only time the franchise could have contained solo's for all the GL's was the height of the Johns era, and every Earth GL had their own book after Johns bowed out, but they couldn't keep all four of them afloat.

Even Marvel can only reliably release an ongoing for Peter and Miles. Gwen's books just don't sell anymore and I don't think we're going to see a book with practically every person who can spin a web like we used to.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Admittedly I think the only time the franchise could have contained solo's for all the GL's was the height of the Johns era, and every Earth GL had their own book after Johns bowed out, but they couldn't keep all four of them afloat.

Even Marvel can only reliably release an ongoing for Peter and Miles. Gwen's books just don't sell anymore and I don't think we're going to see a book with practically every person who can spin a web like we used to.
    Gwen and those guys will still books. Even if it's a mini (which they really should be).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I want the franchise to reach the heights of the geoff johns days again, and by that, I mean at least 3 GL spinoff books again. Why did DC go from 4 books in the new 52 to 2 in Rebirth to just this Morrison GL book?
    To make you buy the book of the lantern that they wanted.

Despite the fact you can have more than one GL related book even if some are minis.

Building off the earlier proposal of a GL anthology book but also an anthology book but for the other colored Lantern Corps since none of them will probably get a dedicated series again. Could play around with the different things they represent and do different types of stories like a Yellow Lantern space horror story or a comedy feature with Larfleeze.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    No solo Green Lantern book for the a few years, i'd make the brand exclusively emsemble going forward. send Guy back to the Red Lanterns, send Kyle to the blues, promote John to Guardian and promote Simon and Jessica to honor guard next to Hal. relocate the Green Lanterns to Mogo so that Oa can now be a hub to bring all the Corps together under a singular "House of Light", to be able to coordinate and liaise with each other; with Kyle and Guy being the liaisons for their respective colors. Once that's all established, I'd just have the Green Lantern Corps book focus on various space romps framed around each Lantern Corps trying to coexist and even usurp one other. some issues it's just mundane space cop work, other times it's Lantern espionage, other times it's a collaboration between reds and blues to stop an abnormal suneater in a yellow sector.
    This is interesting. The one thing for me is that I'd want Kyle to go back to being a White Lantern. As someone who liked him as a White Lantern in general and liked the mythos, development, and progression all associated with being a White Lantern, I want that back for Kyle. (An aside, but similar in feel to Sam Wilson getting demoted from Captain America back to Falcon, I felt the same sort of feeling when Kyle was yeeted back to Green.)

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Gwen and those guys will still books. Even if it's a mini (which they really should be).
    Yeah, but how frequently? And even you point out they're more likely to sell as mini-series then full on ongoings, which I'm not sure how viable that is in the long-term...and would people be happy with that for solo's with the Earth Lanterns?
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    To make you buy the book of the lantern that they wanted.

Despite the fact you can have more than one GL related book even if some are minis.
    Isn't it as simple as the other books didn't sell as well? I don't think all of DC's marketing decisions are based around wanting people to just buy Hal Jordan books.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This is interesting. The one thing for me is that I'd want Kyle to go back to being a White Lantern. As someone who liked him as a White Lantern in general and liked the mythos, development, and progression all associated with being a White Lantern, I want that back for Kyle. (An aside, but similar in feel to Sam Wilson getting demoted from Captain America back to Falcon, I felt the same sort of feeling when Kyle was yeeted back to Green.)
    I considered making Kyle the White Lantern again but I wanted to keep them all on relatively even footing. John is a Guardian but that speaks more to character progression rather than a power thing seeing as pretty much every earth Lantern as pulled off "guardian-level" feats (for lack of a better term). I feel like making Kyle the White Lantern again would put him on a cosmic pedestal above the other Lanterns that i feel would take away from character. As a Blue he keeps the emotional/spiritual connection of being white Lantern and, seeing as he's attuned to all colors, it wouldn't be a stretch for him to be able to do with the blue light that Blue Lanterns usually can't.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."