Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    To me GL are "space" police.
    They shouldn't intervene on planets unless it's a threat comming from outer-space.
    GL Earth adventures are boring and irrelevent to the title !
    Gotta disagree with all that. The Gantern Lanterns are peacekeepers. They help people regardless of where the danger is coming from.
    And no you can't split up the GL corps and each single GL, they are part of the same corps !
    That doesn't make sense, especially in light to the overall history of the Green Lantern franchise. The Corps is comprised of individual members. They can't always be together in the same place at the same time. As what happened years earlier, there can be more than one book in the Green Lantern franchise. Hal can have his own solo book, while John can lead a book that includes other Lanterns we don't see all that much.
    Why the need to relaunch Hal again ??
    Why the need to relaunch Hal again when Morrison & Sharp took over?
    Last edited by Cel; 06-04-2020 at 01:44 PM. Reason: typo
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

I would first put Hal, John, and Guy out of action for year, they would go MIA and Kyle lead a team of other GLs to find them. My goal would be to restore Kyle Rayner as THE Green Lantern of Earth and move Hal to a mentor/recruiter for the GL Corps and keep him space. Sorry but I just don't care that much for Hal Jordan he's one of my least favorite GLs and the only time I ever actually liked him was when he was Specter written by J.M. DeMattis. I would have Guy Garder quit the Green Lantern Corps again and go his own way and keep John taking care of space stuff with the other GLs.

No solo Green Lantern book for the a few years, i'd make the brand exclusively emsemble going forward. send Guy back to the Red Lanterns, send Kyle to the blues, promote John to Guardian and promote Simon and Jessica to honor guard next to Hal. relocate the Green Lanterns to Mogo so that Oa can now be a hub to bring all the Corps together under a singular "House of Light", to be able to coordinate and liaise with each other; with Kyle and Guy being the liaisons for their respective colors. Once that's all established, I'd just have the Green Lantern Corps book focus on various space romps framed around each Lantern Corps trying to coexist and even usurp one other. some issues it's just mundane space cop work, other times it's Lantern espionage, other times it's a collaboration between reds and blues to stop an abnormal suneater in a yellow sector.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

A full on, crossover event, where Hal Jordan makes the ultimate sacrifice to save the multiverse - the Death of the White Gloves!
    It'll change the GL Corp and Hal forever.

Extraordinary Member

I think the Corps should veer away from the Space Cop aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I think the Corps should veer away from the Space Cop aesthetic.
    So Space Firefighters?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    If I was doing it, I wouldn't put up a pretense like all the Earth Green Lanterns have a place in my restructured franchise and that I'd find a place for every one of them, because that would be a lie.

I would probably have Hal Jordan in Green Lantern, and then have another book starring John Stewart that also features Kilowog, Salaak, Arisia, and maybe a few other aliens. I would also have Guy in the book, but it wouldn't be a buddy cop. The book would star John Stewart. I don't know if I would call the title Green Lantern Corps.

As for the other Earth Green Lanterns *shrug*. I would likely ignore them or perhaps kill some of them.
    You could call it Green Laterns like Jess & Simon's old book or GL: Emerald Warriors.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So Space Firefighters?
    ^^^LOL!

It’d be cool to see the GLs take on different types of missions, though.
    Humanitarian aid to needy worlds, shepherding young space travelers as they encounter alien life for the first time, helping set up trade between planets, and kicking bad guy butts who look to mess w. them as they do it; stuff like that.

So Space Firefighters?
    Space EMT's with a little green ambulance and everything
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

You know...It's time for Green Lantern and Green Arrow to hit the road again for a series of adventures.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Grant Morrison & Liam Sharp are doing a great job, they should continue on season 3.
    That assumes that Morrison & Sharp want to do a third season. From everything I've heard, their story is finished at the end of issue #12 of season two.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Maybe have them swap out a GL every arc or so of Justice League. Stewart one arc, than Jessica, Hal, etc, etc.
    In an ideal world, I think that would be the best solution, but I think writers like to have a more locked in cast of characters they can play with and develop.

Extraordinary Member

So Space Firefighters?
    I mean you joke but reframing their work as disaster relief would be feasible

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I want the franchise to reach the heights of the geoff johns days again, and by that, I mean at least 3 GL spinoff books again. Why did DC go from 4 books in the new 52 to 2 in Rebirth to just this Morrison GL book?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Get rid of all the Earth Lanterns. Seriously. It’s over crowded. Start building other corners of the mythos. I’d keep Hal and Jessica as the two earth bound, and have them star in the monthly book. Simon and John headline the Corps book, and explore the greater DC cosmic universe. Launch a new L.E.G.I.O.N. book with Kyle a part of it, maybe as a GL liaison for the team. Launch a series of minis about the Darkstars with Guy, and try to make them something more than a GL knockoff. Keep Jess in Odyssey, and add Hal to the regular League. Explore the rest of the emotional spectrum. I’m a Red Lantern, and this sector I’m here to RAGE!!?! Launch a 12 issue mini featuring one of the Lanterns getting sucked into one of the other Earths in the Multiverse, and chronicle their adventures on trying to get home. Also, the Lanterns aren’t space cops. They’re totally a cosmic military force.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 06-04-2020 at 11:29 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com