Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

The only thing I want to forget about Kyle's White Lantern tenure is the Carol relationship (which it seems like the writers agree with me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think JLU digital comics continuing the animated continuity would find an eager audience.
    Well, I guess there's precedent with B:TAS, although they'd probably need new toys to advertise like the current comic is doing.

For Green Lantern, I'd ask for a pitch along these lines: the tone and style to the original 1960s series - Hal primarily Coast City-based, with a predominantly human cast, with lots of the weird and sci fi. A mix of Darwyne Cooke and Grant Morrison, lots of California - the beach, the desert, jets, the waves, and girls. Revamp a few of the old villains along the way - the Qwardians, Star Sapphires, and maybe a few others. And build to an end-of-year-two conflict with Sinestro. Some periodic Barry Allen, a little dash of Flash, no Green Arrow, but yes Ollie Queen. Alien GLs sometimes show up, but serve mostly like Kramer does on Seinfeld - to complicate things.

I'd also like to see an actual John Stewart solo book, and I'd ask for pitches that don't retread past takes, whether it's Mosaic, Xanshi, Katma Tui, or stuff inherited from Hal in vol. 2. John should have his own cast, villains, allies and setting. An actual - HUMAN - arch-enemy unfolds at the end of year one, but there's space conflicts too. My high-level pitch is that GL is more Star Trek / Twilight Zone (or Indiana Jones with a power ring), and John's series is more Star Wars on Earth.

Three books? Okay. I'd like a Sinestro book, set in all eras - current stories, pre-Hal Jordan, pre-Abin Sur, even. Or an Alan Scott book. Either of those could fail quickly, though - so a safer bet is a Green Lantern Corps series with Kyle Rayner. And Guy Gardner serves as Kramer, ping ponging between John and Kyle's series.

I don’t think I’m splitting the atom with my thoughts/hopes of the post-Morrison era:

1. Hal continues to star in Green Lantern. I’ve always always been partial to Hal adventures set in or around Coast City, so I’d love to see some of that. But ultimately, the flagship book remains in Hal’s hands.

2. GL Corps. I thought Venditti’s Hal Jordan & the GL Corps did a commendable job splitting the focus on the 4 Corpsmen (Hal obviously got the most, but his name was in the title, so yeah). Take Hal out of this book and keep John in the Justice League and suddenly you’ve got plenty of panels to go around for Guy, Kyle, Jessica, Simon — and (I can stress this enough) some stories that feature the non-Earth members of the Corps.