Default Spider-Man stories where he crosses over with X-Men, or mutant characters...

How many notable stories like this are there?

I've been on an '80s binge and I've read three so far during this time. One was Secret Wars (including Spidey's iconic fight with the X-Men), one was Marvel Team-Up Annual #6 (pairing him with the both the New Mutants and Cloak & Dagger), and one was The Amazing Spider-Man #282 (a crossover with X-Factor, then the reunion of the O5 X-Men).

I'm kind of curious about how many good crossovers there are between them. Any recommendations?

Well, Spider-Man #16 crossed over with X-Force in Todd McFarlane's last story, "Sabotage."

There's Spider-Man and the X-Men, where Spider-Man temporarily became a teacher at the Jean Grey School.

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows has some great moments where Peter, MJ, and Annie team up with the X-Men.

Those are just a few off the top of my head!

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    How many notable stories like this are there?

I've been on an '80s binge and I've read three so far during this time. One was Secret Wars (including Spidey's iconic fight with the X-Men), one was Marvel Team-Up Annual #6 (pairing him with the both the New Mutants and Cloak & Dagger), and one was The Amazing Spider-Man #282 (a crossover with X-Factor, then the reunion of the O5 X-Men).

I'm kind of curious about how many good crossovers there are between them. Any recommendations?
    You have the famous Spider-Man/Wolverine issue that introduces the Spider-Man Wedding saga that you can fin collected in the Spider-Man Epic: Kraven's Last Hunt.

Then Spider-Man pops up often in the Daredevil title.
    I recommante Marvel Knights Daredevil by Bendis, Jenkins, Gale & Mack: Unusual Suspects - it includes the mini-serie Daredevil/Spider-Man and the one-shot Spider-Man/Daredevil - they are awsome.

Uncanny X-Men #190 & #191

(A fair bit of warning: this might be rather traumatic for fans of Spidey, though).
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-04-2020 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I would add Christos Gage and Mario Alberti's four-issue X-Men/Spider-Man miniseries, which was a retrospective on their relationship over the decades. The first issue was set in the early 1970s with a college-aged Spider-Man and the original five X-Men. The second issue was set in the 1980s when Spider-Man was still wearing the black suit and the X-Men had just endured the Mutant Massacre. The third issue was set in the 1990s with Ben Reilly as Spider-Man teaming up with the X-Men to fight Carnage and Mister Sinister (depending on the canonicity of the mini, this might be where Sinister obtained Ben's DNA to create the Scarlet Spider clones seen in Wolverines #5-6). The fourth and final issue was set in the 2000s, with Spider-Man (Peter Parker) and the X-Men joining forces again to fight Mister Sinister's latest creation, a hybrid clone of Kraven the Hunter with the symbiotic biomass from Carnage and the DNA of the original five X-Men.

Also, there was The Mutant Agenda miniseries back in the 90s, which was more of a Spider-Man/Beast team-up as opposed to a Spider-Man/X-Men team-up, but it served as the basis for the (likely better-known) animated series' Spider-Man/X-Men team-up episodes.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 06-04-2020 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Rectifying an oversight.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

In the post-Clone Saga era of stories, there was a recurring mutant character named Robin Vega in PP:SM. Spidey had to deal with the anti-mutant group the Friends of Humanity, Paul Stacy, and the Shocker and Trapster.

-Pav, who always hoped we'd see Robin Vega again...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Spider-Man and the X-Men teamed-up to fight the Lizard (?) or something during the San Fran days. I only have one issue.

Spidey and Rogue teamed up in X-Men Forever.

I think his most popular team ups are Spider-Man vs Wolverine and Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine (Jason Aaron).
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    In the post-Clone Saga era of stories, there was a recurring mutant character named Robin Vega in PP:SM. Spidey had to deal with the anti-mutant group the Friends of Humanity, Paul Stacy, and the Shocker and Trapster.

-Pav, who always hoped we'd see Robin Vega again...
    Thanks for reminding me. That was a pretty interesting arc, having Peter witnessing anti-mutant persecution in his day-to-day civilian life and deciding to take a stand against it. Come to think of it, given the contemporary situation, both in-universe and in real life, I doubt things would have gotten so bad for mutants if more nonmutants (superheroes or not) had stood up for them more openly and forcefully. I mean, when even J. Jonah Jameson can tell Bastion, the leader of Operation: Zero Tolerance, that he's not going to allow The Daily Bugle to become propaganda for the kind of jackbooted anti-mutant thuggery practiced by Operation: Zero Tolerance and step up later on in Peter David's X-Factor against anti-mutant protesters, the nonmutant superheroes don't have that much of an excuse.

Spiderman also teamed up with The Xmen in an issue of Marvel Team up. It was Marvel Team Up 1. It was the first time that he met the new team whop replaced the Original Five. It was a pretty good issue.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Spiderman also teamed up with The Xmen in an issue of Marvel Team up. It was Marvel Team Up 1. It was the first time that he met the new team whop replaced the Original Five. It was a pretty good issue.
    Thanks, I think I'll have to check it out.