Default Unproduced Static Shock Animated Movie For DC Animation Revealed By Artist

Wow...

https://screenrant.com/static-shock-...oard-revealed/

Wonder which of the current DC animation they could have gotten to direct it

BANNED

It's a bit of a miracle that this character got a cartoon show way back in 2000, and it's a full blown miracle that it lasted as long as it did. Milestone was washed up by the time Static Shock aired. I haven't heard a lot of commentary on how it actually happened, but I'd be interested in hearing it. Who approached who, why did they choose Static, and so on.

I do recall rumors of a Static Shock series couple of years back...

Come on, WB. Give us an animated series. Better yet a TV show on HBO Max!
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    It's a bit of a miracle that this character got a cartoon show way back in 2000, and it's a full blown miracle that it lasted as long as it did. Milestone was washed up by the time Static Shock aired. I haven't heard a lot of commentary on how it actually happened, but I'd be interested in hearing it. Who approached who, why did they choose Static, and so on.
    Static Shock

From the bits and pieces I have heard and McDuffie shared.

Warner Brothers came to Milestone about 1-2 years after the comics stopped.

Milestone books were like Vertigo books-ALL of them had an ending. Static #100 was never going to happen. In fact the books were pretty much DONE when they stopped. Static still had two issue left-that Milestone Forever covered.

The first draft of Static Shock pilot was done in one day.

Conflicting bit on WB wanted Static to be WHITE.

WB wanted Static's father DEAD and not in the series. They wanted Static from a single parent home main a single mother household. In the end we got single Dad and Mom dies saving folks in a riot.

Static's rating were higher than every kids show NOT named Digimon.

Gears was actually gay in the series, it was just never said onscreen.

Static Shock ended due to FUNDING. They were trying to get toys made for the show (pretty much for Milestone as prototypes of Icon action figure do exist as does a design board for Kobalt) to offset animation costs.

Looking at that Twitter thread-it looks like the legal issues between Milestone and McDuffie's widow got in the way. So that must have been near when Kyle Baker Static stuff got posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    From Wikipedia:

The idea of a Static cartoon first emerged with DC's editor-in-chief Jenette Kahn during the time McDuffie was working for Milestone under Kahn. In 1993, Kahn proposed to adapt some Milestone comics; Burnett was hired to write a pilot episode for an X-Men-esque series with Milestone superheroes called The New Guard. After attempts to produce several other Milestone projects, Static was eventually the series "they went for".

Shame, I liked the show back in the day and a movie would have been cool.

Shoot, for a split second I misread "Unproduced" as "Upcoming" and I got really excited.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."