Default Why can't we edit threat titles?

I can edit my post, but not the title of the post, how come? I have a typo in the thread title and i'd really like to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I can edit my post, but not the title of the post, how come? I have a typo in the thread title and i'd really like to fix it.
    I don't know . . . I sort of like the idea of "Threat Titles".

I think the software restricts editing thread titles to admins and mods. Not sure they can change that. It's the same on every forum I was ever part of that uses this forum software. On those that have used Proboards, you can, on those that use vbullentin, nope.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't know . . . I sort of like the idea of "Threat Titles".
    haha, believe it or not that was a total accident, but also helped me make my point!

It's a feature that's easily abused for spam and spoilers. Lets spammers stay hidden longer after which they can suddenly change all their topic titles to spamlinks. Likewise, if you have a comic or TV show's thread title change to display unmarked spoilers every week, it would annoy people who didn't have time to catch up yet.

The easiest way to get your threat () title changed right now is to report your own thread or message a moderator.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I've fat figured some titles some times. I am pretty sure the mods can edit them, at least a "super mod" if that's the correct term. You may want to try sending a private message to one of them. They usually answer threads here too but maybe they've been busy. They have a personal life and are all pretty much volunteers.