Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Congrats to the creative team of Doctor Doom for their nomination! I do hope they win and that this means Marvel will decide to keep the solo going longer.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Congrats to the creative team of Doctor Doom for their nomination! I do hope they win and that this means Marvel will decide to keep the solo going longer.
    I think a win might be a longshot. My impression is that the Eisners generally favor the indy stuff. But IMO the nomination alone is a big win for a series based on a "old school" character like Doom. My hope is that Cantwell stays on the title for a couple of years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think a win might be a longshot. My impression is that the Eisners generally favor the indy stuff. But IMO the nomination alone is a big win for a series based on a "old school" character like Doom. My hope is that Cantwell stays on the title for a couple of years at least.
    It's a long shot but it's not entirely out of the question. Black Bolt won Best New Series two years ago. Fraction's Invincible Iron Man has also won that in the past. Best Limited Series has been won by DC/Marvel books for the past three years.

Usually if a book has enough critical acclaim and hype it can overcome the non-indie stigma. Doom does have a bit of an uphill climb this year, though, as Invisible Kingdom and Something is Killing the Children seem to have some hype behind them.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I don't know much beyond what I read in the reviews of those two series but I imagine they will get a lot of support in voting. Who knows? Maybe there may even split the vote of those who may not like voting for one of the Big 2 comics publishers. But I still feel that the nomination itself is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't know much beyond what I read in the reviews of those two series but I imagine they will get a lot of support in voting. Who knows? Maybe there may even split the vote of those who may not like voting for one of the Big 2 comics publishers. But I still feel that the nomination itself is a win.
    I agree. Having an Eisner logo stating it was a nominee on the cover brings more credibility to the title. Any more eyes on it can only be good as it's one of Marvel's best books right now. I have my fingers crossed for it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I agree. Having an Eisner logo stating it was a nominee on the cover brings more credibility to the title. Any more eyes on it can only be good as it's one of Marvel's best books right now. I have my fingers crossed for it.
    Me too. If only this little ol' pandemic didn't come along. But it might be a blessing in disguise and more new readers will try it out whenever that next issue comes out!