0 0%
  • WALKING DEAD #130

1 4.76%
  • WHERE IS JAKE ELLIS #4

0 0%
  • ZERO #10

6 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Image Comic of the Week Aug 13/14 - Shutter #5, Starlight #5, Sex Criminals #7

Last Week's Winners

Alex + Ada finally did it! After months of Matt Levin's relentless campaign to get as many people reading Alex + Ada as possible, his effort has finally paid off. Alex + Ada has shot up our charts from obscurity to become our Image Comic of the Week sharing honors alongside Lazarus #9. Each title had 6 votes. Stellar effort by Matt as he even endeared Alex + Ada to Saga readers. Very sneaky Matt, very sneaky LOL.

Back this week are last month's winners Shutter and Starlight. Also Dead at 17 and Where is Jake Ellis is back.

LOL Cover of the Week - Rob Liefeld variant to Starlight #5

Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 08-13-2014 at 11:56 AM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

I'm really interested to see how many votes Shutter #5 gets this week. It is getting a lot of good buzz.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Only read TWD and Sex Criminals this week. The cliff-hanger at the end of TWD was okay, just hope it's not true. I just feel it's slowly drying up now and it would be much better if they end the run by late next year. Conversely, Sex Criminals was great this week. Loved how we got to see more of Jon's backstory and that there is another 'confidant' in their secret...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I'm really interested to see how many votes Shutter #5 gets this week. It is getting a lot of good buzz.
    I really want to start to read Shutter, but am gonna wait for the first trade because it's already a few issues in. There a date on the release of it yet?

Only read Walking Dead this week so it gets my vote. It would anyway, I thought this was a good issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    I really want to start to read Shutter, but am gonna wait for the first trade because it's already a few issues in. There a date on the release of it yet?
    Not that I've seen, but November makes sense. I know the second arc kicks off in December.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Sex Crimz (I really feel bad for Jon), Zero, and Dream Merchant (over a year between #3 & #4. Lol) were all good reads, but my Vote goes to Starlight. What a great penultimate issue. Really looking forward to finale!
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Sadly, there was nothing from Image that interested me this week. Next week however, that shall change.
    My Top 5 Comic Books I am reading are:

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Walking Dead finally advances their plot in a good direction this week. Wasn't expecting it.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Sex Crimz (I really feel bad for Jon), Zero, and Dream Merchant (over a year between #3 & #4. Lol) were all good reads, but my Vote goes to Starlight. What a great penultimate issue. Really looking forward to finale!
    Me too, Starlight issue 5 was terrific. The finale will be epic. Hope there's a deluxe hardcover for this series when it's over, love this mini so much.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 08-14-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Thief of Thieves or Starlight? Thief of Thieves or Starlight? soooo hard to choose. Chose Starlight. Prettier, and maybe needs a bit more boost than Thieves. Thief of Thieves or Starlight? sooooo hard to choose.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet