Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Um.. shenanigans and derailment aside. . .

Well thats what we're talking about that maybe they SHOULD be trying that and recently in the controversial opinions over on dc that very thing popped up.

Thing is it needs to be a "cheap" book carried by good writing, like the pulp books of old. It essentially selling someone 1 story and then packaging it with to advertisements for characters/artists./writers you want exposed.
    And that's something I wouldn't mind: I think that would be a good format. Heck, you could even make it digital.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It won't work. We just had Marvel Team Up (albeit with Ms. Marvel focus) and Marvel Comics Presents and they both bombed.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Wtf. That New Warriors book isn't even out yet, so you're basically judging the book because of the inclusion of new POC characters. How sad for you.
    And anthology books are frequent low sellers. A Marvel Premiere one-shot likely wouldn't do any better than a mini devoted to the same concept.
    He didn't even mention his own views. He's talking about how the normies on YouTube and Twitter roasted the book.

Children of the Atom and Gotham High also got crapped on.
    "Cable was right!"

I don't that type of thing would work now, I'm not even sure how you would gauge interest. You could go by sells and social media but even that's not a guarantee.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It won't work. We just had Marvel Team Up (albeit with Ms. Marvel focus) and Marvel Comics Presents and they both bombed.

He didn't even mention his own views. He's talking about how the normies on YouTube and Twitter roasted the book.

Children of the Atom and Gotham High also got crapped on.
    Wait, what's wrong with Gotham High isn't that supposed to be an alt universe thing?
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And MCP's focus was on Wolverine! If he can't sell in that format...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Wait, what's wrong with Gotham High isn't that supposed to be an alt universe thing?
    DC advertised the book to the normies on Youtube and they meme'd it.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

It's in it's own universe.

They are reimage of DC or elseworlds if you will.

The trolls and youtube pimps forgot that detail.

My opinion, they should revert to the original way they might introduce characters. New Warriors originally debuted in Thor I believe or had a guest spot in Thor after their debut. Thunderbolts first appeared in Hulk. Then later they were given their own series.

This New Warriors team should be debuting in Miss Marvel or Spider-man, etc. Let me talk about it, and then if it seems fans are interested, mini series.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

They should've appeared in Outlawed #1. That comic was basically Champions #0. Based on the covers, you'd have expected non-Champion teen heroes to show up. A couple of the established New Warriors showed up (it was Speedball who arrested Snowguard and Locust at the end) but not the new guys.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Invincible Member

Yes. And it's geared towards the young adult fiction crowd. DC has been putting these out for at least a year and there was no controversy until now. However, one of the YouTube chuds found out that in "Gotham High" Bruce Wayne is half Asian and this I guess is some great tragedy. And since all these guys copy each other's videos, it started trending.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yes. And it's geared towards the young adult fiction crowd. DC has been putting these out for at least a year and there was no controversy until now. However, one of the YouTube chuds found out that in "Gotham High" Bruce Wayne is half Asian and this I guess is some great tragedy. And since all these guys copy each other's videos, it started trending.
    The books geared towards a younger audience are seen as a threat by some people. Silly me, I thought they were a way to get a new generation of readers into the hobby. I wonder when we'll see the Youtube video where they burn copies of "Fun With Dick and Jane".

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Oh lord, the anti-snowflake people I hate that side of the internet so much. I should've known. Those DC imprints are for a certain crowd and they harm nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    You can tell when something is **** the moment you see it dude.
    Agreed! Applies to forum posts as well.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”