THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Legion of Super-Heroes issue #6 Preview

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Good lord, look at all that interlac lol

Edit: Translated.

All the orange words are the same message and translate as: "This is not an exercise. This is a Legion Crisis. Follow emergency protocols."

The Green text on the right says: "Querl Dox Brainiac Five is one of the founders of the Legion of Super-Heroes. He is one of the architects of New Earth, the sole architect of Legion of Super-Heroes special headquarters, a webcomic creator, the author of the science police doctrine, the head designer in the new United Planets headquarters facility on planet Daxam."

The green text on the bottom left says: "He is 17 Earth years old. His Coluan intellect achievement scale is now public record which means his mind is registered with the United Planets as a deadly weapon. He has taken the initiative to join the Legion of Super-Heroes which has remained a controversial move inside the Coluan collectives"

Kind of fun bit of character to include that he's a webcomic creator. I dig that his mind is a registered deadly weapon due to just how smart he is. It's also a nice little touch that his exact level of intellect isn't public record. That actually relates back to the fact that Brainy told the founding three that he wouldn't tell anyone outside of Colu that he'd achieved a level 12 on the scale. It also gives a good deal more gravity an import to the exact level of intellect he has.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-04-2020 at 06:10 PM.

I got to be honest, my favorite new legion member Bendis has here is Monster Boy. Something I really like about is his power to just turn into movie monsters, which I am a fan of.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I kind of wish Monster Boy on that cover was what Timber Wolf looked like...

Is the chick with the white mohawk Shrinking Violet?

I dig Monster boy and curious about the new Dr.Fate and Gold Lantern. I dig Triplicate Lass's new look.

Astonishing Member

Who's Rose? Is she a new character?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Who's Rose? Is she a new character?
    She's Rose from Rose and Thorn, of the Superman mythos. She's an Immortal now.

Astonishing Member

Is this Doctor Fate controlled by Nabu or by someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Is this Doctor Fate controlled by Nabu or by someone else?
    I think she is her own person, she mentioned last issue that she only just learned how to freeze the dimension around them which does not sound like someone controlled by a century old entity like Nabu with experience.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think she is her own person, she mentioned last issue that she only just learned how to freeze the dimension around them which does not sound like someone controlled by a century old entity like Nabu with experience.
    Thanks! Maybe I'll buy a few issues to see just how that ties in with the Doctor Fate "tradition" (if indeed it does at all).

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Thanks! Maybe I'll buy a few issues to see just how that ties in with the Doctor Fate "tradition" (if indeed it does at all).
    I would wait and see on that, I don’t think this 31st century version of Dr. Fate has appeared enough to Warrant buying the series solely on her.
    Words to live by.

Can we post spoiler here ? If not, all I can say is that most peoples won't be ready for issue 6, I think.