Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe the new Daredevil will get teased with Moon Knight?
    Have Marvel revealed their plan for Moon Knight? Will it be street level or mystical?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Have Marvel revealed their plan for Moon Knight? Will it be street level or mystical?
    I don't think we've seen any definitive plans, just that it's rumored they've limited the casting to Jewish actors.

Daredevil was my favorite MCU story so the (probable) new one has big shoes to fill.

I can see them rebooting the netflix shows which is unfortunately.

My hope for the reboot on Daredevil is to take its cues from the Mark Waid era.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    A lot of people do - but it isn't happening. I just want Disney to announce a new actor so we can rip the bandaid off and not have fans discussing it as much.
    Well ... JK Simmons is back for JJ.

You never know ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Daredevil was my favorite MCU story so the (probable) new one has big shoes to fill.

I can see them rebooting the netflix shows which is unfortunately.

My hope for the reboot on Daredevil is to take its cues from the Mark Waid era.
    I don't know if I'd bother with a reboot. Daredevil was the best of the Netflix shows. Jessica Jones wasn't bad. Now Iron Fist is a series in need of a reboot --- Danny Rand was poorly cast.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The thing I see happening is Marvel restarting Daredevil in the movies with a new cast. I think Feige is going to want a main street level hero in the MCU besides Spider-Man just in case things with Sony go south again at some point. If they start building up DD in the movie verse then if they lose Spidey they still have a character they can use to bring in all the other street level characters like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The thing I see happening is Marvel restarting Daredevil in the movies with a new cast. I think Feige is going to want a main street level hero in the MCU besides Spider-Man just in case things with Sony go south again at some point. If they start building up DD in the movie verse then if they lose Spidey they still have a character they can use to bring in all the other street level characters like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, and others.
    Wouldn't a New Warrior be better?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Charlie Cox was so perfect as Matt/DD. I hope his time in the role isn't over--and that goes for the rest of the cast as well. Like, how would you ever replace Vincent D'Onofrio's Fisk at this point?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Wouldn't a New Warrior be better?
    Marvel did produce a new warriors show for Freeform that didn't get picked up. It's probably collecting dust somewhere

Nova might be a better character than DD to build around. But he really isn't street level.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well ... JK Simmons is back for JJ.

You never know ...
    A supporting character much more closely tied to the role than anyone from the Netflix shows, and Disney and Sony have a deal worked out in Spidey to boot. Not a single reason to believe Disney wants to advertise they have Marvel shows on Netflix. There's no way they don't just recast. That's why I want them to announce it sooner than later, so we can get past all the posts by people hoping for something that just isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Charlie Cox was so perfect as Matt/DD. I hope his time in the role isn't over--and that goes for the rest of the cast as well. Like, how would you ever replace Vincent D'Onofrio's Fisk at this point?
    With a casting call, a lot of auditions, telling the new Fish actor he's hired, filming him in the movie, releasing the movie...

I mean it's a pretty well known process how it's done I think.

I honestly don't think Daredevil will be one of Disney's biggest priorities in the next few years.
    The Netflix shows are still very fresh in the minds of the audience and frankly Marvel has tons of other properties they can adapt without inadvertedly advertising a competitor's show.
    It's sad because I do really want to see Cox as DD again, but I don't think it's going to happen unless Disney decides to buy the shows from Netflix (and I also don't think they'd want to).

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I don't know if I'd bother with a reboot. Daredevil was the best of the Netflix shows. Jessica Jones wasn't bad. Now Iron Fist is a series in need of a reboot --- Danny Rand was poorly cast.
    I'm not saying I want a reboot of the Netflix shows, I just feel like its more likely to happen. For Disney and the MCU, it's the cleaner option and I understand why they would consider doing one instead of just buying the netflix shows and continuing them.

Honestly I think the problem was their take on Danny and his world was pretty weak to begin. The grounded feel they were going for felt wasted on him and even as a character he felt muddled and messy. Both the Defenders and Season 2 handled him better but the foundation is pretty sloppy.

Granted I don't even think it was a good idea to give him a show on his own. He feels more like a team player than a solo lead.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-13-2020 at 11:54 AM.

You either all in on the mystical kung fu bullshit of it all or you just have a white guy kung fu-ing people. Fraction/Brubaker/Aja went all in and it was great. That doesn't really work on a Netflix, show, though.

I'm also not really a fan of the Marvel Netflix shows, even though I wanted to be.