Amazing Member

Question Have the Action Comics Zatara stories ever been reprinted?

I know the very first Zatara story was reprinted in Millennium Edition: Action Comics #1, but I can't find any reprints for the Zatara stories from Action Comics #2-141. I've been wondering if it's possible to read the entire DC Comics Universe in chronological order without having to pay thousands of dollars for the originals.
    Last edited by NetSpiker; 06-05-2020 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NetSpiker View Post
    I know the very first Zatara story was reprinted in Millennium Edition: Action Comics #1, but I can't find any reprints for the Zatara stories from Action Comics #2-141. I've been wondering if it's possible to read the entire DC Comics Universe in chronological order without having to pay thousands of dollars for the originals.
    Well I know that their is a "Superman: Golden Age" omnibus collection, but I don't know if it includes the backup-stories.
    DC could do a "Showcase presents Zatarra", that would be interresting.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Well I know that their is a "Superman: Golden Age" omnibus collection, but I don't know if it includes the backup-stories.
    DC could do a "Showcase presents Zatarra", that would be interresting.
    The Superman volumes only contain the Superman stories from Action.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Looking at the GCD quickly, of the first 10 Zatara stories, only the first one has ever been reprinted (and it was reprinted in the Famous First Edition tabloid of Action 1, the Millennium Edition of Action 1, and the Action Comics 80 Years celebration hardcover).

I didn't look past that point to see if any of the other later stories were reprinted, so some may have appeared here or there, but the bulk of the run looks like it has not been reprinted.

You can look through the GCD for Action Comics here to see what has been reprinted, but you need to look issue by issue so its time consuming: https://my.comics.org/series/97/

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato