Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

They’re both two very different shows, too different for me to feel that comfortable comparing them.

I love them both.

If I *had* to choose one, I’d go with Twin Peaks. Twin Peaks season 3 was some of the best television of the past decade, and its first season was so iconic and wonderful. Meanwhile, X-Files after Duchovny left was significantly weaker, and much worse once Scully was made a recurring. I liked the newest seasons for the one off episodes, but the mythology episodes stank.. especially hated what CC ended up doing with William and Scully in the finale. And I say that as someone who generally enjoyed the mythology arc, as convoluted as it became, through the earlier series.

I prefer X-files but i agree with Beaubier than it's kinda hard to make a fair comparaison between the two considering how different an experience they are.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Twin Peaks suffers from just being too weird, plus it's pretty much a parody and not to be taken remotely seriously.

So... X-Files by a mile... except for the recent reboot episodes (they can all pretty much go to hell for that).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Easily Twin Peaks. I love the X-Files. It's one of my favorite shows of all time, but from a production standpoint, Twin Peaks is just so much more interesting. David Lynch just has a stronger creative vision than Chris Carter. As such, Twin Peaks is far more cohesive.

Twin Peaks by a thousand miles... and I love X-Files (mostly) but Twin Peaks is just straight up art.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Twin Peaks.

The first few seasons of the X-Files are great TV, but it doesn't compare to Lynch for me.

What is wrong with you people. :P The X-Files is The X-Files

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

The X-Files, definitely, in terms of the original run. Not least because you can write off a good half of Twin Peaks' second and final season. In terms of revivals, though, Twin Peaks: The Return is to the new X-Files (save for the Darin Morgan episodes, of course) what the Big Lebowski is to Deuce Bigalow. I mean, I actually very much enjoyed the non-mythology episodes of the X-Files revival but Twin Peaks: The Return is a work of art that may just be David Lynch's masterpiece. And that's saying something.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Twin Peaks The Return episode 8 alone is better than the X-Files, and probably anything.

I like them both and don't find them comparable. Thankfully I don't have to chose, and this thread was started by spamming anyway.

BANNED

I loved the X-Files.
    I hated Peaks

Girls were much hotter on TP. Even the dead girl was hawter than Skully. That's all that was special about it.

Fantastic Member

Peaks is way too weird to enjoy as you would an xfiles not comparable

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Peaks is way too weird to enjoy as you would an xfiles not comparable
    David Lynch has a unique & interesting mind. Others call him a madman. Either is fair.

I love both series but I would have to take Twin Peaks, I'd say it had higher highs then the X-Files and it's lows weren't as bad as some of the later day X-Files(both endings to the X-Files were pretty bad along with a good chunk of the original last season).