Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kinda my thought? Jason Aaron's (unworthy) Thor is a travesty. And, as mentioned, worthy Thors showing under Ewing against Immortal Hulk was a complete embarrassment. On the other hand, Thors board ruled speed should at least apply to worthy Thor.

Honestly, if I were writing Thor, once i was done with the black winter, I'd find a way to retcon just about everything Jason Aaron wrote and Thors low showing against immortal Hulk. I mean...geez.
    Last edited by Cronus; 06-09-2020 at 12:26 AM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I mean it's not THAT out of the ordinary.

Hulk has always been Thor's equal, and with rage boost superior, in terms of raw physical strength.

I don't think anybody disputes that Thor using all of his abilities without PIS would make short work of Bruce, but this Thor just doesn't have access to them. And this Hulk is the strongest ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I mean it's not THAT out of the ordinary.

Hulk has always been Thor's equal, and with rage boost superior, in terms of raw physical strength.
    The edge in strength is Hulks for a stretch now. Post warp core provides a basis for the gap in strength to increase even more. Additionally, each personality is it's own animal seemingly. Immortal Hulk is the manifestation of the "monster" (Bruce's early childhood) personality to protect Bruce from another monster (his abusive father). So far, this manifestation of Bruce, examined in a bubble, is pretty powerful. Personally, I'm more inclined to lend weight to boosts in strength for any version of Hulk to the old "the madder Hulk gets!...", etc...as much as boosts from the warp core. If we take the showing of worthy Thor against Immortal Hulk to heart, the gap has grown to shameful levels, my honest appraisal.

I don't think anybody disputes that Thor using all of his abilities without PIS would make short work of Bruce, but this Thor just doesn't have access to them. And this Hulk is the strongest ever.
    More or less the conclusion I've drawn.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

It’s not the strongest ever Hulk. From everything I hear, Immortal Hulk’s big thing is his regen. I mean, yes, sure, he’s strong - he’s the very definition of Ruffalulk’s “I’m always angry”, but his regen is through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It’s not the strongest ever Hulk. From everything I hear, Immortal Hulk’s big thing is his regen. I mean, yes, sure, he’s strong - he’s the very definition of Ruffalulk’s “I’m always angry”, but his regen is through the roof.
    I mean if he's one-shot cracking Thor's skull, he's also the strongest.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well cracking Thor's skull in one shot is pretty up there for strength. What Hulk beats that? Maybe War Hulk stopping the Juggernaut?

OK, sorry, I completely overlooked that feat.

Yes, I would have put War Hulk above him, but that feat does kinda shift things.

Fairy Nuff.

Also, if we are only using Worthy Thor performances, Thor would lack his crucial speed advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well cracking Thor's skull in one shot is pretty up there for strength. What Hulk beats that? Maybe War Hulk stopping the Juggernaut?
    To be fair that occurred still pretty solidly in the "Thor is trash" epoch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    To be fair that occurred still pretty solidly in the "Thor is trash" epoch.
    Fair, though for our purposes here he'd be fighting Trash Thor who is even trashier without the hammer. It certainly puts an asterisk on strongest Hulk ever though.

I'm dimly recalling something about Hulk being exploded and his body parts pretty instantly coming back together and attacking someone while they do it. Does anyone have scans of that? Because that would be decisive here.
    So, the helios laser is used to reduce Hulk almost to slag...

Screenshot_20200609-180001_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

And then, Screenshot_20200609-180431_Marvel Unlimited.jpg
    ----------------------

I'm dimly recalling something about Hulk being exploded and his body parts pretty instantly coming back together and attacking someone while they do it. Does anyone have scans of that? Because that would be decisive here.
    Sorry, forgot to crop my images

Helios laser20200609_181024.jpg

By the time hes back at the lab, minus having been dissected by adamantium blade, hes regenerated...

20200609_181051.jpg
    ----------------------

Once hes free of his containment, we get this...

20200609_181121.jpg

Which ends in this...

20200609_181205.jpg
    ----------------------

Worthy Thor still has ranged attacks, flight, speed. I dont know that unworthy Thor fares as well.
    ----------------------